Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am curious to try and collect information on the 354 engines that were in the 2016 drag pak cars. I know they were done by Roush Performance in MI, but according some article these were supposedly based out on a 6.1 block with a 3.4 stroke crank.

Does anyone know if what they started with was the stock 6.1L block? How would one track down or order a crank for that beast from Dodge/Mopar? I called around Dodge and I might as well have been asking about a UFO.

Any sort of help or information on those engines or crank would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Journey

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,513 Posts
The supercharged 354 Hemi starts out as a cast-iron 6.1L (4.060-inch bore) that's destroked by using a 3.400-inch crank (verses the 3.58-inch stroke on the stock 6.1L). The heads were the BG (Big Gas) truck heads from 6.4L pickups The 392 now uses the BG heads as well

A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The supercharged 354 Hemi starts out as a cast-iron 6.1L (4.060-inch bore) that's destroked by using a 3.400-inch crank (verses the 3.58-inch stroke on the stock 6.1L). The heads were the BG (Big Gas) truck heads from 6.4L pickups The 392 now uses the BG heads as well

View attachment 999521

A Guy
Thanks guy :)

Pretty much what I have so far, million dollar question is, is that crank drop in, or do they need to modify the block? And equally important can one get one of those cranks? Where, how, how much?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts