Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I reside near interstate 44 which is also the old Route 66. I am approximately 2 hours out of St Louis and another 2 and a half
hours away from Springfield MO. Right in between. I am having a problem finding trustworthy mechanics in a modification shop
or whatever you want to call it. I've heard of a couple in St Louis of course, but I thought I would throw this out there and see
if anyone knew of a good place to take a Challenger to have some professional work done in the way of performance mods.
I can travel North, South, East or West from where I live. I would prefer not to go to St Louis, due to the traffic congestion and
other things. Hoping someone might suggest a decent race shop out here in a more rural area.
Thanks in advance for your reply,
Matman

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey everyone!

.... I would prefer not to go to St Louis, due to ... and
other things. ...
Matman
Yeah like getting shot or even worse? I still remember in 2000 me heading into east StL at about 4am totally out of gas looking for a gas station....
Nothing happened but I told my wife before I got out "Anyone shows up while Im out of the car just take off, no need for both of us dying"
Anytime you go to a place of business and they wont sell you anything bigger than a 12 oz can of soda because that all that fits in the bullet proof box just tells me "this is a bad place to be" even if nothing out of the ordinary happens during that experience.

Ron

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah like getting shot or even worse? I still remember in 2000 me heading into east StL at about 4am totally out of gas looking for a gas station....
Nothing happened but I told my wife before I got out "Anyone shows up while Im out of the car just take off, no need for both of us dying"
Anytime you go to a place of business and they wont sell you anything bigger than a 12 oz can of soda because that all that fits in the bullet proof box just tells me "this is a bad place to be" even if nothing out of the ordinary happens during that experience.

Ron
That is not a situation that I would want for anyone except my worst enemy! Glad you made it out unscathed...

OP I live about an hour + west of STL near Washington. I have never had to have any work done like you are wanting but there are numerous shops around that I have seen while out running around. If I can remember I'll snag a couple numbers for you next time I'm out around them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is not a situation that I would want for anyone except my worst enemy! Glad you made it out unscathed...

OP I live about an hour + west of STL near Washington. I have never had to have any work done like you are wanting but there are numerous shops around that I have seen while out running around. If I can remember I'll snag a couple numbers for you next time I'm out around them.
heh heh heh! I hear ya there forced. But, to be fair, "East Side" St Louis, MO. is actually in the state of Illinois, the land of Lincoln, not good
ole Missouri. I was out and about running around the world for about 10 years for a while to include in the service and seen a lot of places
and good ole MO looked pretty good to come back home to. But, growing up in rural MO, we always heard rumors and heard on the news about
East St Louis. Like, if you have to drive through there late at night, you're not supposed to stop at any of the red lights because someone
might run up to your window with a big cannon and Hijack your car. So, ya just cross your fingers and run right through em! heh, heh !

@TA
Thanks TA, I'm sure if I keep asking around and sharpening my ability to speak good 'Google', I'm sure I'll run into the right place..
Have a great day you guys!

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
592 Posts
You can try Craven Performance in St. Charles area.

I have no experience with them, but it looks like they have worked on Challengers:

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
49 Posts
What are you thinking of having done? I'm in Columbia but just got mine. The dealer here seems pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts