Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Being from the Cleveland area I have to say that the fine folks of atlanta need to learn how to drive.

I had 4 inches of slushy snow on my 25 mile treck to the hospital to visit my dad on saturday, most of us managed @40-50mph and I only saw 3 cars in the ditch off the highway. I didnt even use my 4x4, I took my old honda civic.:icon_aetsch:

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
Maybe my new wallpaper

One of the coolest pictures ever....

And of course the Challenger is White, my favorite color!

DRL's rocking too!
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
That's a photo right out of a movie.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'll take a shot... Along the lines of Honey Badger don't care

Take it easy
Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
On the local news here in Phoenix they were showing an Orange RT Classic with White stripes that was spinning his rear tires in the snow but he was headed straight ahead moving forward.

We don't need no stinkin' 4X4, lol

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Guarantee he is not running F1's LOL

Excellent pic for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Being from the Cleveland area I have to say that the fine folks of atlanta need to learn how to drive.
Living in NC we get this all the time from the relocated Yankees.

The problem is that snow here isn't the same as up North. Being warm, our roads retain heat and the first snow melts and turns to ice or the snow is wet and turns to ice in the evening when the temps drop and we don't have the equipment to deal very effectively with snow.

I lived in Detroilet for many years and I know where you're coming from, but things are different here. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Being from Wisconsin and now living in Georgia, I am south of Atlanta and we got hit pretty bad with the ice Tuesday night. I can easily say that people from the south cannot drive in the snow/ice.

They drive on the clear, most slick part of the ice instead of moving over a few feet to catch the rougher snow areas where you can get traction. Instead of easing in to the throttle to get started they punch it and sit there spinning. I saw a bunch of them crank the wheel to switch lanes or turn and slide right in to a curb while I gradually made my turns and had no problem.
I drove into town (16 miles) and then around town for an hour before retuning home and had no problem. Yes it was extremely slippery but I drove the way I'm used to from Wisconsin winters and got right through. I was passing 4 wheel drive trucks with a Toyota car and they would give me a dirty looks. I drove by a few cops in the ditch. At one time I weaved through 5 cars stuck on the road within a 2 block stretch. So yes, experience does pay off for driving in these conditions.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
That is indeed a great picture, I wish I knew how it was taken. And yes Bright White is my favorite non-color.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I gotta side with 1badx on this one. As a lifelong New Yorker, who commutes to Charlotte every week for work, Czech is right the ice/snow may be different, but it's the technique that matters most. I covered about 40 miles of road down here during the height of the storm, and it was tricky, but not impossible.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
F1s are called 3 season for a reason. Even " all seasons" are questionable when temps head south of freezing.

Great photo.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Living in NC we get this all the time from the relocated Yankees.

The problem is that snow here isn't the same as up North. Being warm, our roads retain heat and the first snow melts and turns to ice or the snow is wet and turns to ice in the evening when the temps drop and we don't have the equipment to deal very effectively with snow.

I lived in Detroilet for many years and I know where you're coming from, but things are different here. :eek:rangehat:
You are 100% right with that statement. Here in the Charlotte area (I'm over the boarder in SC) the city is not equipped to manage weather like this. I lived in WI and it's MUCH different up north. Salt trucks and plows up north make a big difference too. Here they spray a "salt brine" on the roads the night before and hope that does something.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I gotta side with 1badx on this one. As a lifelong New Yorker, who commutes to Charlotte every week for work, Czech is right the ice/snow may be different, but it's the technique that matters most. I covered about 40 miles of road down here during the height of the storm, and it was tricky, but not impossible.
Our last storm was quite different because it was bitter cold and the snow was powdery. We usually get wet snow and if it happens late in the day it freezes and nothing moves. I've been in this situation in my Jeep and decided to just overnight it in a motel. Last straw was bumper to bumper on a slight incline and cars were just sliding off the road from a complete standstill. That's when I bailed out and drove over the curb and through some landscaping to get a room. Jeeps can be a LOT of fun. :eek:hyeah:

Ice don't care and if I had the time to find one there are videos of Sherman tanks sliding down icy roads like they were toys.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts