Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was Surprised how well the Challenger handled on icy roads.
I work just north of Dallas. I went into work Thursday night and got off at 9:00am Friday morning.
Lots of ice on the roads and bridges and I live 50 miles away. Was going to get a hotel but the power was out in the area.
I decided to drive home. Used the auto stick to change and hold the gears. Did not have any issues with the car. Was very sure footed and did not slid around on the roads. I felt very safe driving the car home.
Only problem was getting the ice off around the door and window so that the window would drop down from the rubber molding.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
good deal...I keep a 3/4 tank of fuel, some extra weight in the trunk, and slow down on the slush/ice and have had zero issues with driving.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
To help with the windows

On the upper molding that the window slides up under I sprayed some silicone lube.

For the lower I just keep an old id card that I run from the back of the door to the front in between the glass and the seal to break up the ice when it's stuck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have to try that.
Need to check what type of tires. Factory tires with 46,000 miles.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey ray, how many pounds would you say you have in the trunk? I have some steel weights at ho,e so i could put in 45 or 90 lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts