Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my idea here to make it sort of like "prowler" in the sense that you cant see the grill. Can,t see much of anything on the front end. But what you can see are the halo eyes piercing through what looks like pure darkness. Any ideas on to what to do? Can I simply just alter and move the grill further back? Silly, I'm sure. Just looking for ideas.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,655 Posts
Realistically, when the sun is not on the front end, and at a distance, it can look like what you want. I have a Blacktop, and with the black grilles it has that look. But with the light different, and close up, you lose it to some extent

You see what I mean. A Phantom grille will give you a more constant blackout, but it is flush with the opening, and with the sun on it, the grille will be more highlighted, and you can see the headlights from the front

I tinted my headlights as I rarely go anywhere at night anymore, but they will diminish the light output. DRLs still look good though

I think billet bar grille replacements would be an improvement over the stock, but will not be a heck of a lot different. Most are overlays though

A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Realistically, when the sun is not on the front end, and at a distance, it can look like what you want. I have a Blacktop, and with the black grilles it has that look. But with the light different, and close up, you lose it to some extent

You see what I mean. A Phantom grille will give you a more constant blackout, but it is flush with the opening, and with the sun on it, the grille will be more highlighted, and you can see the headlights from the front

I tinted my headlights as I rarely go anywhere at night anymore, but they will diminish the light output. DRLs still look good though

I think billet bar grille replacements would be an improvement over the stock, but will not be a heck of a lot different. Most are overlays though

A Guy
. Hey thanks for the insight. I guess I just want to be different. I want the car to pop. Which I already have a mango go orange. So it pops a bit. Just want more lol. So I'm hungry for flare but not vinyl flare or decals

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,655 Posts
With the Mango taking the eye, I think the blacked out grille will look great. Mine being all black makes it harder to achieve that look. A Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts