Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, hoping for some clarification here. I just traded in my 2016 SXT for a (new) 2017 TA 392. Nothing on the window sticker says anything about a Scat Pack but on other paperwork from the dealership is says Scat Pack as well as the dealer called it a Scat Pack. It has a 6.4L "Powered by SRT" Hemi and Super Track Pack. I'm a girl and obviously bought it for it's looks (and sound and hemi), alll of the other stuff is an added bonus. So if anyone can explain it to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
14,221 Posts
You have Dodge's largest displacement Hemi- the 6.4 liter. Previously, you could only get this engine on a top-of-the-line SRT model. Dodge, however, resurrected the Scat Pack performance name, from the late 60s/early 70s, and created several more affordable R/T models with the 6.4 (e.g., Shaker).

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
It can't be a Scat Pack and a T/A. Those are two different appearance packages. Scat Pack puts the bigger 6.4 motor is the R/T and adds some bumble-bee badges and seat logos, and a cute little bumble bee on your UConnect Screen when you start it up (which some people get really mad about when they don't see it). If you've got the T/A, you've got a black hood, roof, deck lid, and upgraded 6-piston Brembo front brakes AND T/A 392 indicates the 6.4L motor, which is the same one in the Scat Packs and SRT Challengers.

Post a photo and we'll all be able to confirm....

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
If the picture in your avatar is actually your car, then you have a T/A.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I should have said I know it's a TA because it has it on the seats, in the headlights and on the sides of the cars. It just threw me for a loop when the dealership called it a Scat Pack. It didn't make sense to me at all. Thanks for your answers. I now know it's safe to just go with TA.

And I can understand why some people would get mad at not seeing the bumblebee. I didn't even know about the TA in the headlights until I saw it online after I got the car. I was going crazy because I didn't think my car had it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Congrats. That's a sweet looking ride.

Enjoy the beast.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think I have ever researched a car before I bought it. I get bored with what I'm driving, pass a dealership, decide to go in, see something I like and buy it. I wasn't looking to buy a car that day, and my last car I bought while on my way to another dealership to get a completely different car. I KNOW its a TA which is why I couldn't understand why the dealership was calling it a Scat Pack. I thought I might be missing something somewhere. Obviously to me now is that the dealership had no clue.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
Your car really starts out as an R/T 392 which is the same as Scat Pack but you have optional package 24X which gives you the T/A equipment.

So the R/T 392 without 24X would be a Scat Pack and for the first two years all R/T 392s were Scat Packs so that's probably where dealer confusion is.

Congrats on your T/A!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Good job! You got one murderously fast and powerful car there. Change the Oil at 1k miles and use Synthetic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hit the 500 mile mark today so my hubby had to test out the "launch" . No words to even describe it.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
1K for the first oil change?
Not required but usually a good idea to do the first one early, then every 6 months after that, or more often if you drive a lot. The 392 is 6 months or 6,000 miles max on the oil.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
This thread is cringe worthy.

Read the manual please.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just purchased a new TA392 as well. When the dealership was taking care of paperwork the car kept coming up and being referenced as a Scat Pack. I think it's just the way it is referenced in a few dealer systems.

Enjoy your TA! As an fyi I did an oil change at 1k

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I don't think I have ever researched a car before I bought it. I get bored with what I'm driving, pass a dealership, decide to go in, see something I like and buy it. I wasn't looking to buy a car that day, and my last car I bought while on my way to another dealership to get a completely different car.
Congrats on the new ride!!! :grin2:

You may want to rethink how you buy cars unless you really grind them when you sit down at the desk (AKA "the box").
Car sales people LOVE impulsive buyers because they know they can take advantage of many of them and get them to pay more for the car.

Where u located?

We have little monthly meet ups here in So Cal, thought you and your hubby might be interested.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts