Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the IE "Market Adjustment" is in your area.

Went to a local dealership today to see a white IE up close and personal. Market Adjustment was $2,500. Which I guess isn't that bad compared to some other numbers I've heard.

But what really floored me what the car was sitting on showroom floor DIRTY, dust I could wipe my finger through and it looked like a cat walked on the blue stripes.

Then to top it all off ... the salesman DID NOT KNOW it was a numbered, limited edition car!

Sigh.

Some people are just a waste of oxygen.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
My local dealer has one in the showroom, marked slightly less than sticker price. "Market Adjustment" is a rip-off.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,796 Posts
My dealer had a $500 mark up over MSRP. I asked the sales guy about it and he said, "those are on all our cars." As far as I'm concerned, I look right past it as if it doesn't even exist....because IT DOESN'T! They can ask, but you have to be fool to pay it.:notallthere:

·
Registered
485 Posts
My dealer doesn't have any 392's, but they had a $10,000 market adjustment on a Mopar 10. WTF? It shouldn't be legal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
One I saw ion Glen Ellyn Ill, white with blue stripes auto, number around 1100 was no market adjustment. Hot freaking car tho

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I just looked at one (White/Blue Stripe) at Landers Dodge in Little Rock. There was no indication of a market adjustment on the window except the BS $995 dealer added "clear cote protection). The car is #20 if your interested. Be sure to tell them to take off that qaudy dealer sticker they slapped on the back. Made me sick to see that stupid advertising sticker on the back of such a beautiful car.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
According to my rocket science speculation, the 392 IE cars will increase in value approximately 28%/year. Adjust spreadsheets accordingly.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I remember when the new Camaros came out, you were doing well if you could score one for MSRP. I stopped by to look at one once and it had a 7,000 market adjustment. "That's quite a markup" I said to the dealer. He said that he could order one and I wouldn't pay the markup. So I have to order a car and wait for it to come in to be charged a fair price, but if I want to buy one today I have to pay a ridiculous markup? This isn't the GT500KR. It's a mass produced car.

I'd love to see the look on a salesman's face when he went to buy groceries and they tacked on a "market adjustment" to his total. I know there are decent salespeople, I just can't stand the shady ones.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Mines as MSRP and they other one they had was MSRP as well.

David Dodge, PA

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Saw #725 at the dealer out here by me and it stickered at $49K....was a blue auto car...looked nice but I like the white better. Also I'm not too crazy about the new door handles, I prefer the older ones.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I ordered my GWE SRT8 at $500 under invoice. I was also offered as much as $1000 under invoice by another dealer if I would order with him.

I would never pay markup.

JFF:D

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
According to my rocket science speculation, the 392 IE cars will increase in value approximately 28%/year. Adjust spreadsheets accordingly.
wish i had your crystal ball ! LOL
i am sure all those people who paid way over sticker for the 2008's are watching their investment grow at an alarming rate !

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Just wondering what the IE "Market Adjustment" is in your area.

Went to a local dealership today to see a white IE up close and personal. Market Adjustment was $2,500. Which I guess isn't that bad compared to some other numbers I've heard.

But what really floored me what the car was sitting on showroom floor DIRTY, dust I could wipe my finger through and it looked like a cat walked on the blue stripes.

Then to top it all off ... the salesman DID NOT KNOW it was a numbered, limited edition car!

Sigh.

Some people are just a waste of oxygen.
I saw that also...stopped at kernersville dealer just to see the IE in the showroom

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
28.17%

Don't like arguing numbers Alan but my Sharp Comp-Pro calculator sets the number at precisely 28.17% for accuracy purposes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts