Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we have IE 392's built and being shipped I was wondering what kind of mods folks are going to add? I'm adding a 150 shot of snake killing nitrous. I want to get a real pistol grip and a T/A or Shaker Hood. Supercharger would be nice but it's not in the cards right now. Post up what you are thinking about adding or what's out there that can be added.

·
Registered
111 Posts
After going extreme on my Jeep, I will take it easy on the IE. Just some simple bolt ons so that I can return it to stock if need be. A new CAI, exhaust, Hurst, dyno tune and tinted windows. The rest will be cosmetic under the hood.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely won't do anything that I can't reverse. Nitrous setup is just drawing dust so that's an easy one. I want the hood to add to that old school look. Is the Hurst shift available through Mopar Performance?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would LOVE to add a shaker hood, but how would you handle the stripes?

From what I've seen, they replace the entire hood instead of cut it. The shakers are usually flat black. So would the stripes just go around the shaker??? Any pics of shakers with stripes?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Procharger or a twin turbo setup some interior upgrades, shaker hood and a ton of cosmetic upgrades under the hood. Oh and electric cut outs :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'd like to go with a shaker hood. I've always loved them and own a 70 Mach 1 with Ford's version.... But I don't know how you'd do the stripes and changing something like that on an IE doesn't seem right to me.

I am thinking of swapping tires right away...I'd like to go with something bigger in back and after reading the tire forum am thinking of 295X40s rears on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Stripes are no problem I have a buddy that owns a decal shop, eventually over time the stripes on the IE will need to be redone anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I would LOVE to add a shaker hood, but how would you handle the stripes?

From what I've seen, they replace the entire hood instead of cut it. The shakers are usually flat black. So would the stripes just go around the shaker??? Any pics of shakers with stripes?

There used to be a pic of an Indy Ram with a Shaker hood but it seems to have been taken down. I should have saved it but didn't.:fight: It was painted around the opening and the Shaker bubble was brilliant blue to match the primary paint. I might have one of the Indys repainted this summer so I'll try to remember to post pics if I do end up getting a Shaker for the Indy.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the shaker with stripes going around it gets my vote. Cutouts are way cool. Bigger tires, I would do some research on that one. For looks bigger tires are cool but for performance their is a certain size and you start to go backwards because of the additional weight. I read the whole pistol grip shifter thread last night and that one is a must have for me. I'll never forget throwing the holes in my 70 1/2 TA 340 SIX PAK with that pistol grip. That car was a blast on a auto-cross course.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
820 Posts
Damn a different controller that's a new one for me, so I in a holding pattern with the procharger :-(. It's still one hell of a car without it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts