Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm very happy with my 09 SRT6SPD, but I had to go check out the new IE 392 in the local showroom. I love these cars and know that down the road a spell I'm going to think back to the time when I sat in these great cars in a Dodge showroom. Maybe even tell the story to someone when I'm up there in the years. But I digress. What really pushed me into visiting today was I have always thought the school bus steering wheel in my car could be improved upon. And knowing that they finally listened and did something about it, well I had to see and feel for myself.

Well, I thought they did a great job! The feel and look IMO has improved dramatically. It even seems they changed the entire column. The wheel now drops to a lower position, which I happen to like.

This car was #126 in white(blue stripes) and was quite beautiful sitting there. I even thought for a moment, maybe I'll just leave my HO6SPD here...and drive this thing home tonight! Then reality set in AND I figured I would have to come up with another $10k to make it happen. SO...not today.

Still a fun break from work and I want say to all those who made the move or bought one of these as their first Challenger purchase...congrats...they are absolutely gorgeous!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have only seen pics and I do like the new steering wheel better than old one. Though I never complained nor I have hated the steering wheel on my car. I guess I like everything about it. That 392 is def a step forward.

I have one major complain that applies for the older and the newer models, which is the lack of differentiation. The challenger stands out wherever you park it, whether between Ferraris and Porsches or between nissans and toyotas. It turns heads where ever it goes. BUT, the inside is just Dodge. nothing so special about it. Including the steering wheel. When I had a 07 mustang GT, I loved how it was unique inside and out. It wasn't ford and I don't remember seeing the ford emblem anywhere on the car.

Would love to see a unique interior for the challenger someday. may be then I will trade in my 2010 SRT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts