Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of #0319 Thursday, Feb 17th, just over a month from the day it was built. Comparing this Challenger to anything I have ever owned over the last 30+ years ....... there's just no comparison.
Thought I would offer my first impression (the $.50 version)

The Good:
Showed up at the dealer with a little road grime but in perfect shape
The engine sounds good, sounds serious when it needs to!
The seats look good, not many wrinkles at all and are comfortable. They fit my chubby frame (6'3"/280lb) with room to spare.
The steering is tight/reactive and I love the telescoping wheel, feels good.
Instrument cluster looks even nicer backlit (after hours))
Tranny shifting is quick/precise. Very short throw from what I'm used to
All the interior goodies that make this so much fun to drive, more trunk space than expected. (Excellent for touring)
Great visibility, few blind spots
Avg 18 mpg for the first outing

The Bad: (in a good way)
The engine.... Responsive and Strong! Remininscent of those big blocks from long ago. Some serious HP/Torque!
Rims - BAD (in a good way)
Handling and cornering are effortless. Impressive for a car of this size and weight.
The suspension reads the road very well. It's not swallowed up like a luxury sedan or for that matter reflected like that of a truck.
The car demands attention where ever you go.

The Ugly
I can see these white seats are going to need some work. Some faint smudges here and there... "a little shmutz" as they say. I'll have to work on that.
Not much difference between low beam and high beam at night, I'll have to look at the adjustment (as compared to my Jeep Grand Cherokee, awesome stock highbeams!)
Locking gas cap or the lid activated from inside or something. Thought that would be a no brainer.
I think I detect the imfamous "Hemi-Tic"
The wheel weights stick out like a sore thumb. I'm hoping I can disguise them with a black permanent marker
I'm suprised Dodge didn't design a better front license plate holder. Now that is truly ugly!

Overall - A recognizable impressive car. It has stayed true to its roots and represents all that was, with todays technology in a way thats' a blast to drive. Its presence is based on its past and it does it very well!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
653 Posts
They come with a front plate holder now? I never planned to put one on because I have no intentions of defacing the front with a plate, will have to take it off if there is one.
Great review. We learn a little something new from each one.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm suprised Dodge didn't design a better front license plate holder. Now that is truly ugly!
AFAIK, it does not come with a front license plate holder--I believe your dealer is the one that put that on there. (I'd be pissed.)
I specifically instructed my dealer to not put it on when it arrives and he said sure thing and that he put a note in their file to remind them. We'll see.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Congrats !!
Nice review .
I'm not evening driving mine yet. Let it sit until the road salt is all gone
Agree on those wheel weights ...I thought someone left legos in the rims at first.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
CONGRATS! Good honest review!

·
Registered
421 Posts
They come with a front plate holder now? I never planned to put one on because I have no intentions of defacing the front with a plate, will have to take it off if there is one.
Great review. We learn a little something new from each one.
Harrison,
Go to Paramus Dodge and TELL THEM NOT to install the front plate bracket or you're refusing the car. I told the dealership I ordered my car from this and they said they wont install it. Cause if you dont say anything to them, they will install it when it arrives.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Harrison,
Go to Paramus Dodge and TELL THEM NOT to install the front plate bracket or you're refusing the car. I told the dealership I ordered my car from this and they said they wont install it. Cause if you dont say anything to them, they will install it when it arrives.
Thanks for the tip Ron. I'm actually going in this morning to talk to my dealer and look at the '11 RTs they have on the lot. I'm going to ask him for this and also not do do a prep drive on it when it comes in, don't want anyone else bringing in my baby. The only concern I have is that delivery is so far away that they forget the specific instructions I have and put on the plate holder and go out for the drive anyway...... Heads will roll if it does lol.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
I think someone makes a locking inside screw in gas cap for you?

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Congrats !!
Nice review .
I'm not evening driving mine yet. Let it sit until the road salt is all gone
Agree on those wheel weights ...I thought someone left legos in the rims at first.
You could ask your dealer to rebalance the tires with stick on weights on the insides of the wheels where they won't be seen.

And if they do that, have em put a piece of body tape over each weight - will keep it from migrating until the glue fully sets.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Look up Dyna Beads. Balance inside the tire not the rim. They are used on custom motorcycles so the weights don't ruin the look.
They have other applications for then as well.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Excellent review, You have all waiting want a bees drewling!

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I will call the dealer on monday, No holes in the bumper:)

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I saw this on hot topic post, pretty cool. This is the answer if it works.
Its called a show and go licence frame. Check it out

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've always been told to be cautious when moving the balancing weights. High precision balancing puts places the weights in a certain spot on the rim to provide the optimal rotational balance and smooth ride. Balance on performance suspension is especially critical, slightly out and it'll feel like its a mile out. any thoughts on this from mechanics?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Roger That!

I think someone makes a locking inside screw in gas cap for you?
I'll be picking one up ASAP

I saw this on hot topic post, pretty cool. This is the answer if it works.
Its called a show and go licence frame. Check it out
Fortunately my dealer did not install the front plate and I think the Show an Go will be perfect

Always looking to hear new ideas and others reviews

Thanks!!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,794 Posts
I haven't heard anyone complain about the 6 spd 392 having a skip shift but I'm assuming it must. Can anyone confirm that it needs a skip shift eliminator?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts