Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a request to see some pics of my IE so I figured I'd post them up if anybody else wants to see them. :)

I wonder who's signature that is? :D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

You guys can see how crammed into my garage the car is. :(

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
VERY NICE!! You must be so proud!!

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Great looking car, my Cummins is DWB, it's beautiful. I picked up my #827 IE BW on Monday. Will post pics when time permits. Enjoy your car, and have fun!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Damn - is that a garage or a closet?

Someone should start a garage picture thread.

The car looks great though - Congrats!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
how do you get out of your car when its in the garage?

or do you sleep/live in your car now and just stay in it

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.

About the garage...I rent a townhouse and it's difficult to find an apartment or townhouse in the area that has a garage so I had to settle.

Getting out isn't too bad. You put one foot out, twist sideways and slide out. To get in you put one leg in, slide in while ducking and then pull your other leg in. Simple! :D

My biggest concern is getting th car in and out. The enternace to the garage leaves almost no margin for error. With the mirrors flipped up I'm practically blind judging as I back out. :(

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Thanks guys.

About the garage...I rent a townhouse and it's difficult to find an apartment or townhouse in the area that has a garage so I had to settle.

Getting out isn't too bad. You put one foot out, twist sideways and slide out. To get in you put one leg in, slide in while ducking and then pull your other leg in. Simple! :D

My biggest concern is getting th car in and out. The enternace to the garage leaves almost no margin for error. With the mirrors flipped up I'm practically blind judging as I back out. :(
You could try the trick I used growing up--had two cars that *barely* fit in a 2-car garage--I literally had to climb in/out the window of the one parked on the right. Had maybe 8 inches of clearance total between the two sides.

We dangled a tennis ball on a string from the ceiling right where the hood ornament should be when parked--and used it to line up the approach and to know when to stop pulling in. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
653 Posts
CONGRATS!!! Looking really mean! I think the only issue I'm going to have with the garage parking is getting in without nailing the sides. BTW how did you fold in the mirrors I know they're supposed to but I wasn't sure if there was a button inside or if you have to do it manually.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I'm glad to see you enjoying the new wheels man.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We dangled a tennis ball on a string from the ceiling right where the hood ornament should be when parked--and used it to line up the approach and to know when to stop pulling in. Worked like a charm.
My dad did that with a ping pong ball way back when. I should try that. :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CONGRATS!!! Looking really mean! I think the only issue I'm going to have with the garage parking is getting in without nailing the sides. BTW how did you fold in the mirrors I know they're supposed to but I wasn't sure if there was a button inside or if you have to do it manually.

They turn 90 degree up by hand. Of all the features that the car has that I'll never use (heated seats and mirrors, etc) I really wish it had power folding mirrors! :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks guys.

Great pics maybe best yet. Don't move that garage will be all the incentive you need to stay in shape.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts