Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
polished my exhaust tips w/ a dry , clean cottom cloth

it appears they scratch horribly and easily....it looks bad enough that you can probably feel them with your finger nails

i wont be touching them again w/o some liquid polish on the cloth

anyone else notice this yet?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Buy a can of Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish. I use it on my Viper's exhaust tips, my GTO and GP's valves covers and air cleaners and on my Harley. A great product.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Huggy, if you went a day without finding something to complain about, would your head explode?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
its weekly,not daily these days

i dont take my car out daily....every time i touch it i notice something else to complain about....i would have expected these chrome tips to be the Least scratchable part of the car...instead they seem to be the weakest.....i found it strange

the design of the car is awesome, some of the build quality is below average...especially for a $50k car.....im suprised weekly at things i see/find

i have 2 brand new cars in my driveway...one was $36k and one is $50k....2 different brand names...i find my family daily driver to impress me with the build quality....my $50k cars build quality doesnt impress me as much....there's a huge difference in paint and thickness of the sheet metal.....one has flawless fit and finish....the other has a few minor issues

i ***** to keep my head from exploding

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
i noticed the insides of my tips (borla for mopar) are getting black! I cant believe thats happening on a $40,000 car. i noticed it happening within 1000 miles of owning it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i noticed the insides of my tips (borla for mopar) are getting black! I cant believe thats happening on a $40,000 car. i noticed it happening within 1000 miles of owning it.

that black is the quart of oil it burnt during the 1000 miles

ha

i knew the tips would get black....they are set so tight that you cant really polish them well....i may take them off once a year to give them a good polishing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts