Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on owning my IE for 20 years...i assume ill repaint it somewhere in that time....or maybe the stripes wont hold up well since they are vinyl..who knows maybe every 5 years ill redo the stripes...i have no idea how well vinyl stripes hold up

is there a Mopar part # for them? can i order an extra set or 2?

can any body shop make them someday? or is vinyl with sparkles hard to make and get?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
If you're concerned with OEM color match, I'd order an extra set from Dodge and not rely on the aftermarket. They have to have them available for several years for crash purposes, so they will be available. I'd order them now while they're still fresh and haven't sat on some warehouse shelf for a couple of years. Needless to say, the replacement set won't last indefinitely, but if stored properly, they should keep for several years or more. Store them as flat and as unfolded as possible, in a cool, dry, dark place.

·
Registered
629 Posts
You can get stripes in any color and size you want from lots of after market places, and any body shop can install a good set, so I wouldn't worry about it. And if you know you're going to repaint the entire car some day, just have the stripes painted on instead of using vinyl.

I'd also be surprised if you couldn't order a set from Dodge years from now (assuming Dodge is still around -lots of car companies that were around for a long time have surprisingly disappeared recently).

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'd say the availability of Dodge OEM stripes down the road is a toss up for the IE unless they use the blue or white stripes on another model (which I hope not). I'm more worried about the seats. The standard SRT8 color stripes should be available for quite some time I would think.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm pretty sure I want to get the stripes painted on, just so I can have the glossy look. Dodge painted them on the SRT4 and SRT10's Commemorative Edition models. They SHOULD have done it on the IE too. I'm just concerned about the resale of the car down the road(in the event that someone offered me a significant amount for my #32). Do you think someone would want the car just as original as possible or would painted on stripes be just the same??

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would never paint them on if i cared about selling it to a future collector...they are stickers and have to remain stickers to be correct...

#32 may bring a premium, but i doubt its more than a couple thousand some day...the dealers i found w/ low #'s wanted sticker for them....the IE is just an appearance package and may or maynot get you anything more in 20 years.....id like #32 though

i do think the member w/ #2 will get more when he sells his...if i got #2 id probably resell it if someone would give me $5k extra for it..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts