Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nerves are killing me as I wait for the dealer to deliver the new DWB 6 speed to my house. I haven't seen it yet. Dealer is also an old friend and relative so I am not worried about the car, but man I wish he was here already. More details to come.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:bigthumb:

Pics when it arrives! (after the obligatory burnouts).

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
My nerves are killing me as I wait for the dealer to deliver the new DWB 6 speed to my house. I haven't seen it yet. Dealer is also an old friend and relative so I am not worried about the car, but man I wish he was here already. More details to come.

And the car number. Don't forget to update the thread ND Ram has with your number an options.

And congrats in advance!! :D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I bet it arrived an hour after he posted this thread, and he is currently sitting in his garage staring at his new hemi. lol
With a large puddle of drool forming on the garage floor. :cowtounge:

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Have fun, make sure you send the wife letters from the garage:)

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Did it ever get there?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys. Yeah it got here just in time for me to leave for my son's basketball game. So... I took the car to the game. Heads were turning everywhere we went. Car is # 285. Lots of the kids wanting rides (and older kids!) I did promptly miss second gear on the first drive. The family of five plus the dealer were in the car. Boy did I catch $h_t for that. And yeah, before anyone points it out we were overloaded in the car. I was not out in the garage drooling the whole time. I have put on 300 miles in about 30 hours. God I love this car. Pics will have to wait until tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Wow! Props for driving it so much. I don't think I've heard anybody drive theres that much yet. Found 2nd yet?:indifferent:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sorry guys. Yeah it got here just in time for me to leave for my son's basketball game. So... I took the car to the game. Heads were turning everywhere we went. Car is # 285. Lots of the kids wanting rides (and older kids!) I did promptly miss second gear on the first drive. The family of five plus the dealer were in the car. Boy did I catch $h_t for that. And yeah, before anyone points it out we were overloaded in the car. I was not out in the garage drooling the whole time. I have put on 300 miles in about 30 hours. God I love this car. Pics will have to wait until tomorrow.
Hehe I stand corrected, congrats. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are a couple quick photos of #285. Not great pics because of overcast weather. Took it out again last night to the neighboring town (We live in rural america - hometown population is about 400!). Had to show it off a little. No moving violations yet!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Here are a couple quick photos of #285. Not great pics because of overcast weather. Took it out again last night to the neighboring town (We live in rural america - hometown population is about 400!). Had to show it off a little. No moving violations yet!
Good luck, it's gorgeous!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Congrats nice to see already getting enjoyed
How'd you like the driving , loaded & all ?

Jealous of the turbo shelby shadow.
Rented one in 1987 to tool around colorado with
my then girlfriend now wife. It was a blast to drive
never see those on ebay or elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Congrats!

BUT , Yikes! Do you "live" on that gravel road?!? Better get some mud guards and 3M film.....fast!

JFF:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gravel road is actually the driveway. We have 1 mile of gravel to get to the highway at about 15 mph. I plan to get the splash guards, but I hadn't even thought of the 3M film.

Oz1 - the Shelby was bought by my wife (then fiancee) back in our college days. She wanted a Lebaron. The Shadow was parked about two cars over and I told her we should test drive it. About five miles from the dealership I convinced her to get the Shadow. It was purchased new in '91 with some discounts since it was an '89.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Congrats! That's probably the most miles on the 392 aside from the Hemi Highway car. I think I remember your thread about how to prevent body scratches from the gravel driveway. Love your shirt too lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts