Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive read before that the dash plaques are in a big bin and they just grab anyone of them...so the 1st car could get #900 and the last one build could be #1

is this true?

i ordered the 2nd week it was available and my car was scheduled for the 2nd day of production....i was hoping for under #100.....is it a huge deal(no) , but every little detail matters when your spending $46k

anyone have any knowledge of how the #'s are chosen?

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
ive read before that the dash plaques are in a big bin and they just grab anyone of them...so the 1st car could get #900 and the last one build could be #1

is this true?
Pretty sure this ^^^^ is true. Brampton Builder could tell us for sure.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats such a small thing they could do for us hard cores who bought early...its kinda sad the small amount of effort that would take..even if they were shipped out of order how long would it take a UAW guy to organize them? 1 hour?

maybe the Mopar 10 guys can chime in here...since they were the last #'d car

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Boy oh Boy, that's a bunch of crap IMO. If you're going to build, "advertise" and "Number badge" cars, one would think that the number badges would have some meaning.

Granted, only "xxx" amount of these are being built, but still, to pull a badge out of a "grab bag" just doen't seem right.

I'm sure that someone with #1 would want more than someone with #499 when selling it. I can hear it now................"This is number #1 of "xxx", and that's why it's so special".

Interesting indeed.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought a special #'d rifle last year and the guy who had #69 wanted an extra $1k for it...he had it for sale on gunbroker.com for 6 months

whether a special # will get you anything more may be B.S. (except for #1 of course), but for the owner its 1 more bragging point.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I would pay extra for #69.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
thats such a small thing they could do for us hard cores who bought early...its kinda sad the small amount of effort that would take..even if they were shipped out of order how long would it take a UAW guy to organize them? 1 hour?

maybe the Mopar 10 guys can chime in here...since they were the last #'d car
Mopar10, lol has anyone even bought one of these. Don't hear much about them at all.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
What if the number grab bag disappeared halfway through production :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i bought a special #'d rifle last year and the guy who had #69 wanted an extra $1k for it...he had it for sale on gunbroker.com for 6 months

whether a special # will get you anything more may be B.S. (except for #1 of course), but for the owner its 1 more bragging point.
I'm not sure what Dodge is doing but I know when Buick made the GNX Grand National the first 10 went to GM exec and people high in the project development. A lot of the lower cars were bought by high profile people (baseball player, etc). The last one that came off the line was signed by the workers.

That being said the numbers I'd like are 74, 392, 500, 666 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah I would feel weird if my dash tag was #666.
I would have to name it Christine and see if it repairs itself and goes out to kill people while I'm at work. :D

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I would feel weird if my dash tag was #666.
someone is getting it.....hopefully no Preists are getting an IE 392..that would be a bad sign if they got #666

#392 would be very cool, id say other than #1 , #392 would be my 2nd choice...then #69

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
37 #1's

Plenty of places that can precisely reproduce such a badge. That way you can get what ever number your heart desired. Group order for 31 #1's :indifferent:

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have an '08 and the numbering is NOT in production order. The cars were sent to an off site facility to have the plaques installed and there were no tracking records kept at all. My car is #3372 and I have no way of telling if it was the #3 or the #6400 car made. Additionally, there are companies out there that will make a plaque in any number you want and you can't tell the differance between real or fake...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
someone is getting it.....hopefully no Preists are getting an IE 392..that would be a bad sign if they got #666

#392 would be very cool, id say other than #1 , #392 would be my 2nd choice...then #69
Looking to trade number XXX for whoever gets 666! :icon_evil: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have an '08 and the numbering is NOT in production order. The cars were sent to an off site facility to have the plaques installed and there were no tracking records kept at all. My car is #3372 and I have no way of telling if it was the #3 or the #6400 car made. Additionally, there are companies out there that will make a plaque in any number you want and you can't tell the differance between real or fake...
ill get #1 of #1 and make my own special edition then

why would they send the car anywhere to put a piece of plastic badge on the dashboard? i would think they'd have a guy at the end of the line pop'em on.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts