Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I take the leap and sell my Grand Cherokee SRT-8 for an IE392? I can order the car for no money down and that gives me 3-4 months to think about it. I just hate selling the Jeep after all of the work I did to it. But the new Challenger seems to be calling my name .... let me know if I am off base on this one!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I would keep it. Your truck sounds nuts.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Keep the jeep bro my brother has one I love it, besides the Challenger that is the only other vehicle I want. They are very close to the 392 in performance.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,734 Posts
How can you order a IE 392 at this late date? I thought ordering closed on them awhile ago? I wouldn't get rid of the Jeep if up to me as it's plenty quick and more versatile but it's what your needs are that count.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to them before x-mas and they said I could still order one. I have to talk to the sales manager tomorrow, as he is the only one dealing with these cars right now. I can order with no money down and do not have to take the car when it comes in. I am in a no lose situation, so I will probably do this tomorrow. I am a little worried about all the comments on the site about ordering being over, but I will see. This will give me plenty of time to try and sell the Jeep. I will be receiving a company car (SUV) in May and do not need the Jeep for this reason anymore. Just hate letting it go with all the engine work because I know I will not do that to the Challenger, only a few minor bolt ons.

·
Registered
820 Posts
It sounds like you are not ready to let the jeep go and ordering for the IE 392 has been closed for a month now they probably have one coming in for the dealership.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
If you are getting a company SUV, you can't lose. The ordering is closed, but your dealer may already have a non sold car on the way. Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was able to order mine on Dec 23rd. The dealer took a day to confirm with his rep. I just hope I dont get car # 393.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No more orders are being taken. Must take what they already have on order. I knew everyone was correct on this site, that is why I needed the sales manager to confirm. He has 11 IE's on order from the first possible order date. I picked one out with the options I wanted and it already had a VIN assigned. Tentative ship date is January 23. Does not give me much time to sell the Jeep, but this dealership was always pretty good on trade in prices.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Congrats X2, where are you located? Curious who the dealer is, Baxter in Omaha has 15 ordered with 11 not sold last time I checked.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Landers McLarty in Huntsville, Alabama. He ordered 11 when the ordering first started. Did not ask how many were already sold, but he had 4 DWBs for me to choose from.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Landers McLarty in Huntsville, Alabama. He ordered 11 when the ordering first started. Did not ask how many were already sold, but he had 4 DWBs for me to choose from.

Congrats on the purchase! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts