Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I only became a fan of classic Mopars once I bought my 2013 Challenger R/T Classic, 5 years ago. Since then, I've read, studied, gone to car shows, auctions, etc.. and have developed a healthy (or unhealthy) lust for Classic Mopars. In support of my addiction, I've collected photos of what I consider to be the "ultimate" example classic Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler cars. The "One" of each model that I would own, if I could.

If you're one of those blessed persons who actually owns a classic MOPAR, this thread is NOT for you. This is for the rest of us who can only fantasize owning a real classic MOPAR.

What I'd like you all to do is complete the sentence "If I had a classic MOPAR it would be a...."
and then describe it and if you you have a photo, include it, of the classic Mopar you wished you owned. I'll go first.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
1968 Plymouth GTX

This example has the perfect PCP color, matching steel wheels and hubcaps. This car defines the era for me.
Why did, does everyone with the king kong engines always go poverty with the wheels? I mean, money obviously wasn't an issue.... It's not you, it's me. I just don't understand.

Oh, and yes absolutely does represent the era!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Although I REALLY have been liking those 71 Satellites lately. Probably MORE than the 71 Charger. I would PROBABLY have to say.......... 68 Charger. (subject to change!)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For me, the stock steel wheels and dog-dish hubcaps represent a "sleeper" look.

Here's another.

For me, all SuperBees have to be yellow and black (It's BEE color). This 1969 has the black vinyl top as well as black scoops and the black steel wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to show I'm not married to the poverty wheel look....

1968 Charger R/T. Again in PCP. Loved the small round tail-lights, and this example has the black vinyl top, but aftermarket Cragar SS style wheels, which were EVERYWHERE on these cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Now, my top Mopar would be the '70/'71 Cuda.

Back then, it was the Plymouth Road Runner.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now, my top Mopar would be the '70/'71 Cuda.

Back then, it was the Plymouth Road Runner.
Here's my favorite '71 Cuda. Somehow the yellow and white just work on this ragtop. The Shaker, the hood pins, the rally wheels. If this had a HEMI, it would be the car Jesus would drive!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I would go with a Plymouth Duster, somewhere in the '71 range. My dad owned one of these and I thought it was the best car in the world as a kid. Probably a big reason I LOVE my Challenger once I got into a position in life to afford the luxury of one.

I know the HP was at the beginning of the end but...... the styling of the 71's. I mean most cars, muscle cars, their pinnacle styling wise peaked then. WITH EXCEPTIONS! I like the 67 Goats better etc.

·
Registered
116 Posts
1971 Satellite or Road Runner. First car was this color with bench seat, Auto 318 V8, (of course I would have much rather had a 383, or 440 but for $600 in 1978 I had fun with it)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,309 Posts
For me, it would be a '68 Charger. But I actually like a late model muscle car better than vintage. How can one argue with twice the power while getting twice the fuel mileage? The modern Challenger by far has the best looks while retaining the similar styling of vintage.

For a Chevy, it would have to be a '66 Chevelle (my first car actually).

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Tough call for me between the 70/71 Cuda convertible - I like styling elements from both years. That yellow 71 with white interior looks pretty damn awesome K-Dawg!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Here's my favorite '71 Cuda. Somehow the yellow and white just work on this ragtop. The Shaker, the hood pins, the rally wheels. If this had a HEMI, it would be the car Jesus would drive!
If he had $2.5M hahaha. I can't wait to see what they drive up there. I'll wager that up there when you drag them..... they never break! Oh happy day!!!

"In Heaven as it is on Earth".....

1 - 20 of 87 Posts