Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why would you want these when building a high boosted stroker

Well when this engine was built it wasnt designed for over 15lbs, ended up running 200+ passes at between 17 to 22lbs boost

Notice the only thing to break was the stock caps, the hole came from a piece of the main launching through it. Once the Main Caps failed the block had nothing to hold the pressure together. ARP Fasteners survived, K1 crank bent, 1 K1 Rod bent but did not break

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Cheap insurance considering the carnage they obviously help prevent. Good post, disturbing images :cowtounge:

Jack

·
Registered
38 Posts
geez that block was demolished think i would go with a stud girdle also

·
Registered
451 Posts
Great plug for ARP and K1 products!!

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
GREAT post GSO good info and makes a lot of sense, a stocker was never designed for that much power driving the crank out the bottom end...

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
nice hole bet that was fun breaking it

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
I should be ok if Scotts spraying masive n20 .
Hey, looking at those caps, they looked like they failed due to heat,not too much stress.
Look at the way there discolord.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Anyone not running the main caps need to run the special HP Snake Oil!

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when the center mains let go JZ it cause the crank to bend. that caused all the bearing to go, if you look closely at the crank notice how it bows downward in the picture.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I'm kicking around the idea of getting hard w/o getting stroked. My reason for this is I assumed that the stoker's were bored and w/o stroking I could simply add the good stuff to my block and crank and that would be easier and less $$.
If I go ahead with this I would get a cam and most likely heads.
Am I way off in my thinking? At this point it is just a idea I'm tossing around in my head and I'm trying to gather info. I suppose I'll get Billet Mains.
Thanks for posting all this good stuff GSO!!

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
They were pushing a lot of boost for a long while. If you've got the block cracked open, and you know you're going for a lot more than the average bear, you might as well upgrade. Fortunately we haven't seen much of this so far.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
It can happen with lower boost as well if its coming apart it can happen at anytime. Boost at high levels cause stress and the weak links will show their ugly head sooner or later.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts