Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my Scat on Saturday and had my first fill up today. I noticed my tire PSI while resetting the trip meter. 45PSI! Sticker on the door sill says 32.

Just a public service announcement. (y)

·
Registered
209 Posts
PDI = remove plastic from seats and wash car.

Mine, too, had around 37 psi x4 at pickup time. With that being said, I was kinda glad as my car was a 2018. The extra pressure probably helped prevent some flat spotting during the approximate 400 days it sat on the lot. I adjusted them later after I got home...

I generally display the tire PSI screen all the time.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yep, factory over inflates for flat spotting. Dealers are supposed to adjust to correct pressure prior to sale but rarely do.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, factory over inflates for flat spotting. Dealers are supposed to adjust to correct pressure prior to sale but rarely do.
I politely told my salesman that. They have been great to deal with so far and this is only a minor complaint. ( Orlando Dodge ) They didn't even put one of those nasty dealer stickers on it. The only dealership I've known not to do that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yep mine were at 55 PSI when I got it. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Some people will run 30PSI in back and 32PSI in front to help with traction. I do this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just noticed that the other day as well. Were at 45 and door panel says 30, which actually seems low. I have them at 32 now.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Bought my Scat on Saturday and had my first fill up today. I noticed my tire PSI while resetting the trip meter. 45PSI! Sticker on the door sill says 32.

Just a public service announcement. (y)
As mentioned, they are set at 42 pounds to prevent flat-spotting. They should have been lowered to specs during the PDI.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
As mentioned, they are set at 42 pounds to prevent flat-spotting. They should have been lowered to specs during the PDI.
If they were lowered to spec during the PDI, then they could be more likely to flat spot as the car sits on the lot before it's sold. That would kind of defeat the purpose.

·
Registered
13,528 Posts
If they were lowered to spec during the PDI, then they could be more likely to flat spot as the car sits on the lot before it's sold. That would kind of defeat the purpose.
PDI is pre-DELIVERY inspection so on cars that are unsold the high pressure would remain to sit on the lot and would only be lowered when the vehicle is sold. That's how its supposed to work, but . . .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
PDI is pre-DELIVERY inspection so on cars that are unsold the high pressure would remain to sit on the lot and would only be lowered when the vehicle is sold. That's how its supposed to work, but . . .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Right, but it's out of the tech's hands at that point. The tech done the PDI and gotten paid for it already, maybe months before the vehicle is sold. Lowering the pressure and cleaning, final check over, etc. then becomes the job of the lot attendant or sales staff.

·
Registered
275 Posts
PDI...My wording on my previous post was not clear and I apologize for the confusion. The tire pressure is initially high so it won't flat-spot while it's on the lot. Once it’s sold, the tire pressure is supposed to be checked when the car is ready to be delivered to the customer and lowered to specs. Mine was the same way. The tire pressure was 45 lbs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
SFCR
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing