Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could do it again, you're at the dealer and the order sheet is in front of you, how do you fill it out and why?
Keep it to 392 engine size vehicles. No Hellcat or Demon. (we all want one of those).

·
Registered
102 Posts
I’d do the tech package with the remote starter and garage door opener.

I have a 2017 Scat A8. Came with WR2 wheels. If I knew about the dynamics package, I would have added that on, too.

Also, black is a sweet color. However, maximum steel metallic is the cats meow in my opinion. And I would have much rather taken that if it was an available option at the same price.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have a fully loaded 2017 scatpack minus sunroof. I wouldn't change anything about my package I would however suggest making sure the car is free or paint, panel alignment issues, etc. I like the look of the scatpack. If I must then maybe would have gotten the T/A with no stripes.

·
Super Moderator
15,391 Posts
I would do everything exactly the same as when I ordered my SP Shaker in late August of 2015.

Got everything for colors and options the way I wanted.

Maybe the Dynamics Package (wasn't around then as an option) but I like the looks of the WR2 wheels that much it would be hard to give those up.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Exactly the same for me too, I wouldn't change a thing. I saw this Billet with black stripes combo on an SRT in Texas but it was a 6-speed and this time I wanted to go automatic. So I ordered the car just the way I wanted it, billet silver with the black alcantara suede seats.

Only options on the car is A8 automatic, black stripes and technology group, and the rest of the usual stuff standard on SRT.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,230 Posts
To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't change a thing.

I got the Tech package, Sound Group II, Driver Convenience Group. Didn't want a sunroof; still thrilled with my M6...and despite how much I obsess over keeping my Pitch Black paint free of swirls, wouldn't trade colors at all...

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Same here, I wouldn't change a thing if ordering today.

I ordered my '16 Scat Pack pretty "bare bones" in August of '15. A8 car with only WRT wheels and the Modern R/T Hood Stripe, that's it, and I'm still loving it in every way.

I had the dealer install "TA" style side stripes and tint the windows before delivery. Got just what I wanted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same here, I wouldn't change a thing if ordering today.

I ordered my '16 Scat Pack pretty "bare bones" in August of '15. A8 car with only WRT wheels and the Modern R/T Hood Stripe, that's it, and I'm still loving it in every way.

I had the dealer install "TA" style side stripes and tint the windows before delivery. Got just what I wanted.
Sounds Awesome. Have a pic of those side stripes!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
If you could do it again, you're at the dealer and the order sheet is in front of you, how do you fill it out and why?
Keep it to 392 engine size vehicles. No Hellcat or Demon. (we all want one of those).
I have no problem taking a "pass" on the Hell Cat. I actually considered buying one when I bought my 392 TA. Both cars were sitting right next to each other. In the end the TA Package was what brought me in and the idea of the Hell Cat went away almost as fast as considering it an alternative for purchase happened.

What could have done it for me? Offer up the Hell Cat motor in a TA and I'd certainly have purchased it.

As for the car I brought home. Like I said I didn't order.... I bought the car on the showroom floor. If I had ordered? This one is pretty close to what I would have wanted anyway. The right color, 6 speed and pletty of options but to really complete the over all "look" I'd probably have ordered this one with hood pins and as silly as it seems, the car is pretty loaded but for some reason the dealer didn't order the home link. It's a really small thing but I have a garage door opener in the car again for the first time in years. My last two cars had it....this one doesn't. No biggie really but it's still strange that he left it out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have no problem taking a "pass" on the Hell Cat. I actually considered buying one when I bought my 392 TA. Both cars were sitting right next to each other. In the end the TA Package was what brought me in and the idea of the Hell Cat went away almost as fast as considering it an alternative for purchase happened.

What could have done it for me? Offer up the Hell Cat motor in a TA and I'd certainly have purchased it.

As for the car I brought home. Like I said I didn't order.... I bought the car on the showroom floor. If I had ordered? This one is pretty close to what I would have wanted anyway. The right color, 6 speed and pletty of options but to really complete the over all "look" I'd probably have ordered this one with hood pins and as silly as it seems, the car is pretty loaded but for some reason the dealer didn't order the home link. It's a really small thing but I have a garage door opener in the car again for the first time in years. My last two cars had it....this one doesn't. No biggie really but it's still strange that he left it out.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,466 Posts
Bought mine off the lot as is. The only change I would have opted for was to have all season tires instead of the 3 season Pirellis. I don’t drive it too hard and was lucky to make it 20,000 miles on those. If I did drive it hard they would have been toast in half the time.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
I sure wouldn't change anything from what I bought.

I wanted the B5 Scat Pack with no sunroof, manual 6 speed, leather, and appearance package.

I knew exactly the configuration I wanted so I used the configurator on the Dodge website and then searched for a dealer with a matching car.

I'm in SC and I found the exact match in NC. I contacted a dealer in a small town near me and made a deal on the phone to trade my '13 R/T and he would go get the B5 I wanted from NC.
The entire deal was ridiculously easy, simple, and pleasurable. I've bought so many cars in my life I can't recall them all. I've made a lot of deals and I've gone through the thing where you spend hours with a salesman and just can't get it done. I was positively amazed that I was able to work the deal I wanted, on the phone, with a sales manager I had never met at a dealer I'd never been to.
But, back on subject... I wouldn't change a thing if I had the opportunity to re-configure my car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sure wouldn't change anything from what I bought.

I wanted the B5 Scat Pack with no sunroof, manual 6 speed, leather, and appearance package.

I knew exactly the configuration I wanted so I used the configurator on the Dodge website and then searched for a dealer with a matching car.

I'm in SC and I found the exact match in NC. I contacted a dealer in a small town near me and made a deal on the phone to trade my '13 R/T and he would go get the B5 I wanted from NC.
The entire deal was ridiculously easy, simple, and pleasurable. I've bought so many cars in my life I can't recall them all. I've made a lot of deals and I've gone through the thing where you spend hours with a salesman and just can't get it done. I was positively amazed that I was able to work the deal I wanted, on the phone, with a sales manager I had never met at a dealer I'd never been to.
But, back on subject... I wouldn't change a thing if I had the opportunity to re-configure my car.
That's the way they should all be.

·
Registered
716 Posts
To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't change a thing.

I got the Tech package, Sound Group II, Driver Convenience Group. Didn't want a sunroof; still thrilled with my M6...and despite how much I obsess over keeping my Pitch Black paint free of swirls, wouldn't trade colors at all...
Love my all black 392! Tinted windows, its a beast!! And yes I obsess over my paint, never take it to an automatic car wash, only with my pressure washer and proper micro fiber mitts!

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,476 Posts
What do you have against the 5.7 liter Hemis? IMO, the 392's are too fragile... :scratchhead:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What do you have against the 5.7 liter Hemis? IMO, the 392's are too fragile...
Nothing at all. Just playing it out with that option...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,987 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
What do you have against the 5.7 liter Hemis? IMO, the 392's are too fragile... :scratchhead:
I don't think anyone has anything "against the 5.7 Hemi"........but it was never an option I considered for purchase at all.....any-more-so than the V6 models.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,476 Posts
I don't think anyone has anything "against the 5.7 Hemi"........but it was never an option I considered for purchase at all.....any-more-so than the V6 models.
The 2014 Limited Edition Shaker was only available with the 5.7, and was the best looking Challenger available... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts