Dodge Challenger Forum banner

If you don't turn and look you have the wrong car

10K views 62 replies 43 participants last post by  Captain Awesome 
#1 ·
I have had my Challenger RT new since July 2013 and live in Massachusetts so this fall I put her in the garage and cringed every time I went into the garage and got into the Chevy Equinox, always looking at the Challenger sitting idle in the bay next to the Chevy. Well the weather this week is good and I had to travel to Pennsylvania so I decided to take the Challenger it was a great ride and it reminded me why I purchased the car. As I parked the Challenger in the hotel parking lot got out and walked towards the hotel lobby I had to turn and look at the Challenger. If you don't feel the need to turn and look at your car after you have parked it you have purchased the wrong car, I always pause turn and look.

#7 ·
I'm so bad that I've had to ground myself from the Challenger so I would actually finish all the projects on it that I've started... I have six projects started but since I can't ever make myself take my truck instead of the car to run errands, drive to work, etc. I end up not getting into the projects as I worry that I'll be at a un-finishable step and won't be able to take the car the next day. I have decided that if I ground myself from the car until I finish all the projects then I'll be more motivated to complete them. Who the F&^* has to do that to themselves??? A Challenger owner, thats who, haha!!!

#8 ·
I turn and ADMIRE her sitting there EVERYTIME I get out! I even went as far as to get a co-worker to sign into a car pooling program at work JUST to get a parallel spot directly behind the building with a direct line of sight from my office window, instead of having to park her a block away in a cram packed tier parking lot. I tend to spend more time staring out the window instead of working. HA HA HA!!! And when I stand watch, I park in direct view of the building exterior cameras, and place the monitor on her so I can keep tabs for the 6 hours I'm there.

IT'S NOT JUST AN OBSESSION, IT'S A SICKNESS

Reactions: 67cudaformulas
#11 ·
Meh, I did that with my ugly-ass Charger too and most of my cars, really. Always been more or less in love with them. :crazy:

#16 · (Edited)
I do the same thing you guys do. Do you guys even turn the wheel just so, so it looks even cooler?
OMG... We are sooooooo sick. :banger:
I do the same thing!

#19 ·
And the whole time, our cars are sitting there going "Made ya look!"

Yeah... I do it too.

#20 ·
I have the right car.

#22 ·
Been there do that!

#24 ·
Yea, I turn & look too. I also do it with my Road King.

#25 · (Edited)
Yes I turn to look. I have to. I can't force myself not to and I have tried. It's probably some kind or OCD thing. I am pretty lucky guys, I don't have to park it out of sight when I am at work. I get to stare at it all day because it's within 20 feet of me outside my office window. Not only that, I have my security camera system on it so I can view real time and the past recordings up to 8 weeks ago just in case.

Attachments

#27 ·
Yes I turn to look. I have to. I can't force myself not to and I have tried. It's probably some kind or OCD thing. I am pretty lucky guys, I don't have to park it out of sight when I am at work. I get to stare at it all day because it's within 20 feet of me outside my office window. Not only that, I have my security camera system on it so I can view real time and the past recordings up to 8 weeks ago just in case.
Same here. Always stressed by passers-by, dogs, kids, trucks, etc., but at least I know what's going on around it. Just the other day two women got into a big conversation right next to my pride and joy. One had a small child in a stroller who couldn't take the boredom any longer and started stumbling toward my car after spotting his own reflection in the black paint. I'm not proud to admit it, but I hit the panic button of my remote (had my finger on it at the ready like a sniper), which made everybody finally back the hell off. If only it worked with the crap falling from trees...

I've always been like that with my cars, but I'm extra nervous with the Challenger due to the amount of time and effort it takes me to keep a black DD nice.

#26 ·
Sometimes I'll fire mine up in the carport, get out and listen to it idle.

#32 ·
It must be a virus...and I have it too. Everytime I have to look back, and yes the wife has caught me peeking in the garage just to get a look. Now I have people at work asking me if I drove my car just so they can go out and look too. It's a virus I tell you, and it's spreading!

Attachments

#33 ·
Guilty here as well. I'll usually turn and look back at it 3-4 times before I finally stop and walk into work. B5 is beautiful in all light but esp sun light. It's addictive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.