Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...what would you do?

Forget the bling.

I have a manual 09 R/T with Track Pack, cats and skip shift eliminator. Have never been to the track but after a year of getting squirrely on roads in the DC area it's time. Car is a daily driver but I plan to take it to local tracks and one or two HOD events over the summer.

In no particular order I'm thinking -

CAI, Hop Not, Hurst short throw shifter, Predator or Trinity with custom tune

I realize these mods cost will more than $1500 but I have to spend wisely. So, what did I miss and what would you spend your hard earned cash on?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Suspension, Suspension, Suspension. Especially if you plan on tracking the car.

It was the first major mod I did to my car...and it was the best thing.

You can check out stackperformance.com for some REALLY great suspension pieces. Ryan is top notch as are his products. I currently just got his 3rd member X-Brace and its been awesome.

If you have any money left over...go for the Hurst Shifter.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
If you plan on the HOD events I would look at brakes and suspension.
Sway Bars- i recommend hotchkis
Better Brake pads, possibly upgraded rotors for the road course would be nice.
The Predator is a no brainer, a CAI would be nice as well, I would also do a catch can if you havent yet
Hurst shifter is nice and will shorten the throw on the track

You know what...

We could get you a great package of the above mods for pretty close to your budget

Our Tropical Storm Kit includes a Predtaor, 180 T Stat, Carbon CAI, and Catch Can for $699

Hotchkis Sway Bars for 386

Hurst Shifter for 389

Hawk Pads all around 150

I bet if you asked nice you could even get a package price :)

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
well, the smart thing to do is check the for sale section. some items, like Predators, show up there all the time and you can same cash buying them second hand.

beyond that, definitely spend time on SpeedLogix's website. they're prices and service are great and they have an awesome selection to choose from! here's what i'd start with:

CAI, Predator (Trinity is overkill unless you race EVERY weekend and have major mods), 180 'stat, catch can, suspension (price can vary depending on what you want)....but that's the basics where we all start....

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you have the 6 sp and already have the SSE I wouldn't bother with Predator and CAI until your going to do some major motor mods. About all you'll see from those 2 is a little intake noise, not much of a performance gain. I'm with Sarlacc, suspension all the way.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really appreciate the input. Thanks. It was late when I posted question and forgot to mention I do have Mopar strut tower brace.

Common thread seems to be suspension. Not being a gearhead, I wouldn't have known.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Thats why we have this community.

I always think of it as starting from the ground up. Making a car go faster is great...but it doesn't mean much if the car cant handle the speed. I also happen to prefer a track with turns as opposed to drag racing.

The strut tower bar is a decent enough start...but get a real suspension on there, you have a whole new car. Especially with the RT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts