Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Make a lifetime's worth of charitable contributions to reduce the income tax hit. Hire a top notch team:CPA, tax attorney knowledgable on estate planning old grizzled veteran investment advisors then get housing and transportation issues resolved.

Reactions: PSM450 and Czechman

·
Premium Member
10,036 Posts
Make a lifetime's worth of charitable contributions to reduce the income tax hit. Hire a top notch team:CPA, tax attorney knowledgable on estate planning old grizzled veteran investment advisors then get housing and transportation issues resolved.
After that there won't be much left.... They too want their share.
Simple, just don't blow it it on stupid things and just maybe it will be there in 5 years.

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Charitable contributions are limited as tax deductions. Just approach one!s on limit and the tax limits. Plenty of $ left for fun!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boy you sound like lots of fun. Lighten up I was just asking.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'd buy an island in the sub tropics and have a boat with twin 426 HEMIs to get around in. Edit: forgot to mention the SRT Grand Cherokee I would drive in addition to my Hellcat :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I'd do all the mods I want to do to my 2014 Shaker. Take care of all the things my wife and I want to do the house and landscaping. Make our two children financially secure and set up trust funds for the five grandchildren. Then worry about all the rest.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The Ferrari is good...but for just a visceral "thrill", I prefer the Aventador...so I'd buy one of those.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would get a 2015 GT-R Black E. 0-60 is 3secs and I would pay way less than what The Ferrari is asking.... Plus a tune with a few bolt-ons... I like 4WD...lol With all the money I would have, I would build a shop and open up to cash-in.... The only way I would buy the Ferrari is to sell it later for more than what I paid for it....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Considering my age and location, Michigan that is, I'd buy 8 or 10 acres in south-central Texas and build a second home on the property on a cash basis. Aside from burning up a couple of $ hundred-thousand on "who knows what," I'd stick the remaining bulk in a fixed annuity.

If I were 30 years younger, I'd simply put a much larger portion in that annuity so as to have a nice cash stream when I reached retirement.

By the way..........$3.2 million, although a fair sum, is NOT nearly as much as it might seem to be !!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hmmmm.....probably drugs, gambling and prositutes.....and not neccesarily in that order. :bigthumb:

.....That's what the TV tells me everyone does with their lottery winnings!!:liar:

With dealer mark-ups on the new Hellcat, $3.2 mil MIGHT be enough to get one....lol

(I plead the fifth)

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Buying a $1.5M Ferrari would be a dumb move...

...If all you had was $3.2M. The routine maintenance cost as much as your Challenger. You probably couldn't buy one new...as Ferrari selects who gets to purchase their high end cars. Your name will be in there with movie stars and pro athletes (limited number built...you won't be considered). I met a Ferrari mech who told me this. He said you sign contracts that prevent you from selling the car for up to 2 years. This prevents immediate resale. If you violate the rule...you'll never buy a new Ferrari again. People who own these rarely drive them. High miles decreases value QUICK. They also do not feel comfortable on normal roads. The suspension is to tight. You will be in for a rough ride on normal streets.

If you had $3.2M, a used Ferrari California might be a smarter choice. Better yet, a GTR will beat most exotics...and the maintenance is reasonable. Same goes for 911 Porsche's.

·
Registered
223 Posts
No Ferrari for me but a collection of Mopar muscle cars from the 60s and 70s for SURE!! All of 'em!! plus some new Challengers as well. Oh and a Ford GT40, damn I love that car. A secured future for my son, lots of acres, sweet house and a huge metal building with all my cars, ahh, only dreams...

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I'd probably buy a Hellcat or a 392 and mod the crap out of it. Then invest the rest or save it to pay the bills.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ferrari 458 Italia, Mclaren 650S, 1970 Challenger retro mod (Gen III 426 hemi, disc brakes, modern suspension, nice interior) and a fancy garage themed like a 50s/60s diner, and a few goodies for my current challenger. And an equus bass 770 if they still make those.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts