Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2014 R/T Auto and I am considering doing the Blastin Bobs mod.

Did you go with straight pipes the 4db glass pack or the magnaflow option ?

Did you like it when you did it ? Do you still like it ? do you wish you had put the 200 bucks to a full catback ?

again this is for an Auto :)

Just not sure if I want to go blastin bob or solo.

·
Registered
636 Posts
If you go with straight pipes you may want to consider just going to a muffler shop and having them cut out your resonators and weld in pipes. It is cheaper than the kit this way and you don't have to do anything.

Just make sure they cut out the pieces near the tailpipes. A lot of guys confuse the canister mufflers with resonators.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I went straight pipe reso delete on mine and i don't have any complaints. There is a decent amount of drone on cold start ups and around 2000 rpm Mark but its really not bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This is the same opinion I have of my 2012 with the resonator delete, absolutely no regrets at all after a year.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I went with the 4db kit and absolutely love it. It's not very loud, but has a much deeper sound than stock did. Mine's a daily driver, so I think it's perfect. The only drone to speak of with this kit is on start up while idling, it goes away as soon as you put it in gear. None while driving.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howdy neighbor :) im in Burnet I wish I would have seen this and asked if you would not mind letting me hear the kit but I put my order in for the same one you got lol.

It's my only car at the moment and I am over the super loud systems like the one I had on my 99 camaro SS. Back in 1999.

From what you said sounds like the 4db is going to be the ticket. I figure if I dont like it I will not be out much I can sell it here and before I do take it to the local muffler place and have them do a set of stright pipes that match it and then if I dont like that I can cut the stright pipes and add some mufflers back in the back

I went with the 4db kit and absolutely love it. It's not very loud, but has a much deeper sound than stock did. Mine's a daily driver, so I think it's perfect. The only drone to speak of with this kit is on start up while idling, it goes away as soon as you put it in gear. None while driving.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I think you'll love the sound, like I said it's not loud and obnoxious. I've had it on for about 6 months now, and it sounds even deeper now that it's broken in. Nothing obnoxious about it, not like the Mustangs that come screaming by "Hey look at me". It's just a deep tone like a muscle car should have, but your passengers won't get irritated, and you can still talk and listen to the radio like normally.

We'll have to meet up some time on one of the Hill Country Runs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where would I find out info on the Hill country runs ?

I goggled it but all I got was runners web pages lol.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Where would I find out info on the Hill country runs ?

I goggled it but all I got was runners web pages lol.
Check the regional area of the forum from the main page. There is one for Mid-South which covers Texas and Oklahoma. Things from Texas Outlaw Challengers are typically posted there.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So I have a 2014 R/T Auto and I am considering doing the Blastin Bobs mod.

Did you go with straight pipes the 4db glass pack or the magnaflow option ?

Did you like it when you did it ? Do you still like it ? do you wish you had put the 200 bucks to a full catback ?

again this is for an Auto :)

Just not sure if I want to go blastin bob or solo.
I did the Magnaflow glass packs. At first, I hated it! Now that the glass packs are broken in, I love it! But...I'm considering going with their cat back system soon. Great, cheap exhaust upgrade though for a start.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
Had my reso deletes straight pipes for a while now... Still love them... Drone is def there, but you can work around it. Wife still asks if it is always going to be this loud LOL. But it sounds to me the way this car should sound.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well the blastin bobs with resonators installed on my 2014 auto R/T and enjoying at least for the 10 miles I put on them so far.

Took about 90 minutes to do on rhino ramps. To remove the rubber isolators I just slipped a small screw driver over the head of the metal bar and pried out on the rubber and then twisted it in one direction and they popped right off I did not even bother with soap. I used a 7" cuttoff wheel on a 4" grinder and it cut the 2 1/4 exhaust pipe like butter in no time. I did have to trim off an extra 1/2" on the passenger side But that was because I was being over cautious and marked the 7 1/4" then cut it about an 1"big and could not get the tail pipe to line up.

First start up sounded awesome :) and put a grin on my face. First drive. It has a defiantly louder and mellow deep sound and I can see where someone might call it drone but if you have heard real drone before you would know that sound is not drone its just the deep low exhaust or at least in my book. For 230 bucks it was well worth it.

I wish it was a tad louder still but they say it get louder with time so I think it will end up perfect. And if it don't get louder I think <at least for now> that its close enough to what I want that I will not be changing it and if I change my mind I will probably unbolt them and run it with nothing back there to see how it might sound with straight pipes over the resonated one.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Be patient. The sound is perfect with time! Unless you're still in to the loud ass Camaro exhaust. Then you may be right, just yank that chit off, run straight pipes and scream out the window........Ayyyyyeeeeeeeeeeee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts