Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a former K9 Officer, and when we had a new pup, we named the pup according to the letter designation of the litter. An A litter would be named starting with an A. I chose Charlie for my Challenger. C for a C.

How did you name yours?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
...mine is just called the purple car

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've never liked the idea of naming my car. It has a name already. Challenger. Enough said, imo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,809 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1391963160.324394.jpg
Christine, after my wife. But I don't refer to the car by that name. Always call it my Hot Rod, although it's not a true one by definition.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I think every car deserves a name. Esp for car guys. We don't think of a car as something point A to point B like 80% of people out there. No. We're passionate about cars and it's more than just sheet metal and some bolts put together.

For me, named her Demi. Demi the Hemi. Already have a name picked out for my next one that I'll get in a year. The v6 challenger I had before Demi was Sheila.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Before driving a challenger my perception was they were too heavy to handle well, be fast, and be fun to drive. After driving one I realized the perception was wrong sure it'd be nice if it was smaller/lighter but it's a whole lotta fun as is. So that along with the car's Redline Pearl color led me to the name Rosie as in AC/DC's Whole Lotta Rosie.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
My car's name is Cake.

·
Premium Member
7,290 Posts
Mine already had a name too; Challenger. The nameplate is right there on the dash.

·
Registered
588 Posts
When I brought the car home (from the dealer) and parked it in the garage next to my wifes Nissan Murano, the first thing she noticed was how big the car was. The first thing out of her mouth was....FAT *****! I cracked up. The car is longer and wider than the Murano.

Nissan:
Length - 4770 mm (187.6 in)
Width - 1880 mm (74.0 in)

Challenger:
Length - 197.7 in (5,020 mm)
Width - 75.7 in (1,920 mm)

So the name stuck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As soon as i saw mine knew her name would be RUBY. silver redline with those red stripes and rims drew me in. although recently i have told my kids shes my favorite child

1 - 20 of 37 Posts