Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of my IE a few weeks ago & just noticed something.
Looking closely at stripes over front bumper, you can see a pair of round indentations beneath it. In other words...the holes are already in the bumper. The question is...do you want to drill the stripe.:indifferent:

·
Registered
466 Posts
all bumpers have those indentations

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its where the holes will be drilled if you drilled them
Ah so that explains it.
Can't see thru the stripes.
:guiness:

·
Registered
883 Posts
When I picked mine up from the stealer I specifically asked them not to put on the front plate so of course they put on the front plate...so now I have two nice holes in my bumper.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I ordered my GWE a couple weeks back and told the salesman not to install the front bracket but to leave in trunk for me. He said that they drill the holes for it at the dealership when the car arrives and gets prepped for customer. I'm thinking based on that ,that the holes are not already there but just the round ("butcher me right here") indents may be.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
The holes are not there, just the indentations that mark where they should be drilled. I asked my dealer not to drill the holes, and they didn't.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I mounted my Front Plate so you don't have to drill holes. also can be removed easily. Using 4 mirror holding 3M plastic zip strips 4in. long. holds 2lb per strip using them vertical in a row works Great. 120 and Still on. And the best part no holes or marks from tape when being removed. so far! Had to put shallow bend in middle of plate. 1/4 plastic backer plate with felt on the back

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
This kit worked pretty well. But out of the box it doesn't allow the bracket to be mounted flush or sub-flush with the nose of the spoiler because the plate holder won't fully fold out due to interference between the edge of the spoiler and the two vertical triangle-shaped braces on the back-side of the plate holder.

I removed those braces with a hacksaw and then rounded off the edges of the tabs with a file for zero interference. Now the bracket can be mounted flush or slightly sub-flush and looks much better.

The entire contraption consumes about 1" of clearance under the spoiler, so be careful when going over speed bumps, etc.

I'm leaving mine retracted unless I get pulled over by the police and then I will just feign ignorance and tell him I forgot to pull it out after the last cruise night and ask for mercy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts