Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After coming home from a cruise in my 2018 SXT I turned off my radio then turned off the ignition.As I was exiting the car I could hear the radio playing. Car was off and radio screen blank. Had to turn the ignition to acc. and turn the radio off. ( can't remember if the radio was on or off when I turned to acc.) This has never happened before. I usually leave the radio on when I shut the car off, the car shuts off and the radio stops. I don't have anything set up to have the radio keep playing for any set amount of time after shutting off the ignition. I was listening to music through the radio from my phone but I have done that before and nothing like this has happened so I don't see that as having anything to do with it. Seemed pretty weird. Has anyone else have that happen? Maybe just a glitch? Radio is the Uconnect4 with 7" screen.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Were you on a phone call that was playing through the radio at the time? Same things happens on my 7" whenever I'm on a phone call and I shut off the car. I'm thinking a software update will fix it but I don't see one available.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I wasn't on a phone call and I turned the radio off before I shut the car off . Maybe it is a software thing like you say. Maybe Bluetooth disconnect issue? It may not happen again but it was pretty weird.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
Do you have the power delay setting in the headunit set to "off"? If not I think, ACC stays powered even though you turn the ignition to off for the prescribed time set in the headunit settings...or until you open the door. By default I think it is set to something like 30sec but I set mine to off so everything powers down when I set the ignition to off.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
Looks like there is a TSB for your 2018 SXT issue.

In case anyone wonders how I found this, just go to the chilton online library
enter your year, make and model and click the TSB/Recall tab. You can search by symptoms but I usually search by system.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like there is a TSB for your 2018 SXT issue.
View attachment 977660

In case anyone wonders how I found this, just go to the chilton online library
enter your year, make and model and click the TSB/Recall tab. You can search by symptoms but I usually search by system.
Thanks. That's just what it was doing. My door was open with radio on too. I guess I have to take it in to dealer and have the software updated?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
Thanks. That's just what it was doing. My door was open with radio on too. I guess I have to take it in to dealer and have the software updated?
So you have checked on the uconnect site and have not found an update? Although I thought all updates are OTA?

Actually scratch that, you should still be under warranty so have the dealer do it so if something goes wrong they are on the hook.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I was thinking. If it's under warranty I should just let the dealer deal with it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just checked the Uconnect site and it said that my system is up to date.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
Was it the same firmware as listed in the TSB (version 1810.02 )? When the whole sport mode crisis hit the pre-2017 models the TSB called out a firmware that was not yet available on uconnect for several months.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Uconnect site didn't give the specific version number. It just said " Your vehicle is up to date.There are no updates available at this time for your 2018 equipped with this system."

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
That's weird because when I did the VIN lookup on my 2015 it says there is an update available. But I already have that version firmware installed on the radio?!

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm. That is weird. Since that event only happened the one time so far and they say I'm up to date maybe I will wait and see if it happens again. Maybe it was a one time glitch. If it does happen again I will take it to the dealer and have them sort it out. Apparently there is nothing I can do as far as software update if Uconnect says I'm already up to date.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts