Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys run for timing with boost? I'm running about 7psi of boost when its full in with bone stock 5.7. I'm using 91oct fuel.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
How do you guys learn about tuning and what to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What tuner are you using...diablo trinity or HP tuners? HP gives the DIY'er way more control. I am running a ~7.7 psi maggie...charts are below.

PT spark advance

WOT spark advance

Hot spark advance

Cold spark advance
I'm using a predator with a Johan tune. Its really close i took it out last night. it was a bit lean when booting on it so I upped the fuel. I have to give er a bit more as I'm at 12.3 air's at 5.5lbs psi. I want to get it around 11.8 afrs at 7psi. from what I can tell my tune is at about 14 degrees timing wot. I'm not showing any knock but I'd like to get the afrs more inline before I bump the timing a degree or two.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
How do you guys learn about tuning and what to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought a couple of paperbacks written by Greg Banish (still looking for his calibrated success DVDs) and have been reading many posts on the HP tuners forum (Hemituna and [email protected] are some great posters) the past couple of weeks. There are even some posts here from Pector55 that have been valuable. I have a word doc that I paste any info that I find useful. I also compare stock vs boost tunes (compare is a very nice feature built in HPtuner) to get a feel for what tables require changes. I even compare changes I made with the diablosport trinity to see how it gets applied to the tune, which I would read with HP tuner. For boosted cars that use a stock cam, it looks like PCM does most of the tweaking at part throttle as NN (Neural Network-- sort a PCM AI) is usually left on. Which works well as long as you don't see full boost at part throttle. Usually the tunes drop WOT throttle voltage so that the open loop parameters take over when boost comes on. I think I have a grasp of the PT and WOT tables but the idle tables are still like women to me...a mystery (like sometimes you may need to decrease airflow numbers to get more TB opening).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts