Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IIHS published the results of a study that looked at death rates per million registered vehicle years. The Challenger came out as #8 of 21 on the highest rate of deaths list. Given all we hear about stupid Mustang driver tricks, I was surprised the Mustang didn't make the worst list. Let's all enjoy our cars but be careful out there too!

Stronger economy means higher death rate

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,858 Posts
I think the numbers, for any of the cars, are also skewed by the way people drive the cars. People in a Challenger are more likely to hang it out. A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,958 Posts
Given all we hear about stupid Mustang driver tricks, I was surprised the Mustang didn't make the worst list. Let's all enjoy our cars but be careful out there too! Stronger economy means higher death rate
The Mustang convertible is on the list (near the bottom) with 60 deaths per million
registered vehicle years. The Challenger had 80 deaths. I was surprised, however, that the Camaro was not on the list.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Doesn't make any sense. I'm going to look further into these results. There is a contact name listed and I'm going to do just that -- contact him. The fine print babbles about the results being based on 2014 modes with some exceptions.

There's a gypsy in the woodpile somewhere here.

I'll gladly share my findings on this forum.

·
Registered
314 Posts
However the Charger isn't on the list. I'm not sure how the data is compiled but this makes me believe it has more to do with driver behavior than with a safety issue with the car. It doesn't make sense to me that the other 2 *mustangs and camaros* aren't on the same list either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts