Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
Personally, I don't care for the side mount location.

Why don't you just use the toggle bolt method? It is easy to do, has no real cost and provides plenty of ground clearance. Many of us have had this on our Challengers for years.

Check out this installation video:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had seen the toggle bolt setup but didn't really want to do that but I might just for ease of install.
I do like the side mount so I may offset to the passenger side.

Personally, I don't care for the side mount location.

Why don't you just use the toggle bolt method? It is easy to do, has no real cost and provides plenty of ground clearance. Many of us have had this on our Challengers for years.

Check out this installation video:

Challenger Front Plate Relocation - YouTube

·
Registered
486 Posts
IMG_8217.jpg
I believe many of us had to use the side mount due to a sensor that already is positioned in the center location.

·
Registered
486 Posts
That makes sense. This wasn't an issue with the older Challengers. But couldn't you still mount the license plate off center using the toggle bolt method?
Oh definitely. That's what I used. Worked out fine.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,848 Posts
Using the toggle bold method AND the original mount makes it stick out quite a bit. The aftermarket solutions keep it mostly flat against the grill. A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
Using the toggle bold method AND the original mount makes it stick out quite a bit. The aftermarket solutions keep it mostly flat against the grill. A Guy

You have to reverse the original mounting bracket. Mine doesn't stick out. It's pretty flush with the bumper. Check out the following two photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think it varies with the year of the car.
My car on left. After market No Drill on the right.

Comparison.jpg
Actually, the after market types do vary. Also, with the toggle bolt system, one could trim the original plate holder as desired.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts