Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I was wrong. If you go back to the day they first announced the 50th anniversary Challengers you will see within minutes I dogged what they were offering. I was so mad they didn't install a 426 HEMI or do something that made sense of the $5000+ package. I saw a few in person but still couldn't get excited about it. Fast forward 10 months and here I am with one. Man is this a great car and I now love all the little things included in this package. ha ha The color shaker through the flat black hood is a great sight from the sweet looking 50th seats. The rims are a nice touch and although very minor I like the monochrome bee. The serialized tag is a nice touch although it is very hard to make out. Only thing they missed on was why they didn't add the 392 HEMI emblem on shaker (I did it anyway). I'm still in love with B5 but if they don't make it in a 426 HEMI Cuda soon this Frostbite may change my name to Mr Freeze.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Nice!

Reactions: B5Bomber

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
On the other hand, I couldn't get my hands on one fast enough. I ordered mine the minute the order banks opened. I then paced the floor for 3 and a half months. I too put the emblems on the Shaker.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,278 Posts
I guess I was wrong. If you go back to the day they first announced the 50th anniversary Challengers you will see within minutes I dogged what they were offering. I was so mad they didn't install a 426 HEMI or do something that made sense of the $5000+ package. I saw a few in person but still couldn't get excited about it. Fast forward 10 months and here I am with one. Man is this a great car and I now love all the little things included in this package. ha ha The color shaker through the flat black hood is a great sight from the sweet looking 50th seats. The rims are a nice touch and although very minor I like the monochrome bee. The serialized tag is a nice touch although it is very hard to make out. Only thing they missed on was why they didn't add the 392 HEMI emblem on shaker (I did it anyway). I'm still in love with B5 but if they don't make it in a 426 HEMI Cuda soon this Frostbite may change my name to Mr Freeze.

View attachment 1003950
Congrats on a nice ride. Understand initial reactions and emotions.

From all the interior pics released on the '15 update, I said no way, just looks all wrong.

Then, after sitting in one, the interior is SO right in so many ways.

A chain of events came shortly, and I ordered my '16 SP.

Still in love with it, and like the interior and comfort so much more than my '10 R/TC.

Enjoy your beast!

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
472 Posts
I love the black hood, roof and trunk. Makes it look so clean. Congrats on the sweet ride

Reactions: B5Bomber

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the other hand, I couldn't get my hands on one fast enough. I ordered mine the minute the order banks opened. I then paced the floor for 3 and a half months. I too put the emblems on the Shaker. View attachment 1003978
Nice Dan, I was thinking WB too as I wanted those beautiful 305's but I'm still not there on the flairs yet. I would rather have seen wider panels (like the Z06's instead). I do love the wider and cleaner grill which allows that LARGE R/T emblem. Great car what number did you get?

Reactions: cruiserdan

·
Registered
411 Posts
I like the satin hood better on the 50th over the T/A as they try to make it look like the OldT/A hood which opened up from the very front.
I think the 50th is killer especially in Frostbite, one of the best colors this year. I only don't like those wheels. They are nice but I like the other Scat pack wheels better.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,078 Posts
Very cool and congrats on the new ride. I know where you are coming from though, I really wanted to see a naturally aspirated 426 Hemi for the 50th anniversary and couldn't believe that Dodge missed the chance to do something really special.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Nice Dan, I was thinking WB too as I wanted those beautiful 305's but I'm still not there on the flairs yet. I would rather have seen wider panels (like the Z06's instead). I do love the wider and cleaner grill which allows that LARGE R/T emblem. Great car what number did you get?
mine is #33. It's a manual.

Reactions: modain and B5Bomber

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

View attachment 1003950
Eh.......does it really matter?

There is only ONE .....426 Hemi. No modern car or motor of similar displacement is a "replacement". The new motors aren't really "hemi" as they were one known and it's a watered down label now anyway with no real meaning today if it's not attatched to the ORGINAL Real-deal Muscle Cars from 50 years ago anyway.

I've gone the exact opposite route of thinking.

I like the idea that word and label "Hemi" is no where to be found on my '18 T/A.

My '17 Ram on the other hand is a great example of how very over-done and meaningless the badge/label has become here in this era.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
963 Posts
hemi is the shape of combustion chamber and ford did the 427 too. Nothing exclusive to the 426. bottom line is yup the 426 is the grandfather but its grandson would mop the floor with it, heck a 392 would. By the way that 392 hemi name is older then the 426! The real original was a 331 ci motor. To me nothing would be more of compliment to the orginal then a new 426 carrying that banner into the future and doing what the original did. Mop the floor with most of the other muscle cars of the day. Who here wouldnt want a 426 that smoked a mustang or camaro?

·
Registered
37 Posts
mine is #33. It's a manual.
Good man. Even though an automatic would quicker off the line, they pale in comparison to the fun when rowing through the gears.

Sent from my TM800A612R using Tapatalk

Reactions: cruiserdan
1 - 17 of 17 Posts