Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congratulations! I just got mine on 1/28/11 R/T. I just got my plates in the mail but i haven't had time to put them on yet so I can't help you with your question. Sorry. GL.

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i didn't know if it was only into the plastic or if it goes into more threads into the metal behind lol. i guess i'll see if they have the rubber sleeves at advanced auto or something tomorrow because it looked to me that the threads in the plastic were stripped, which is why i was asking about somehow getting behind the plastic :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
front licsense plate, strange never could figure, sorry moot point. Seems like the dealership should have mounted a plateframe for you. I know they have them in the states that need them. If not the plate mounting screws have wide thread and should catch in the smaller holes in the facia. Id haul er back to the dealer.

·
Registered
177 Posts
So I just got my chally today... and idk how to attach my license plate ROFL. there's 2 holes, but my screws aren't staying in. is there a way to get to the back of it to put a nut on too??
Are you using a right or left handed screwdriver? :scratchhead:

7,359 Posts
Ill bite Im a sucker up late and happened upon this gem of a thread....lol..

Use a big torque wrench shear off the screw heads drill em out and start over again...If that fails use fire !
Yah nut..........

I dont know?
I'd sell it :p

WTF is a Chally ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Okay, I'll help you out ...buy a Show an Go License Plate System. Now when you fire up your DeWalt Drll (refer to below post) to mount the bracket you might want to keep the business end of the drill pointed away from your radiator. As a precaution (just in case you nick your radiator) do the install when your motor is cold. It'll be a snap to install. Did I just say "snap" to a guy who just stipped 2 bolts?

Show n Go License Plate Transport - SECURITY KITS & SCREW COVERS

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Ill bite Im a sucker up late and happened upon this gem of a thread....lol..

Use a big torque wrench shear off the screw heads drill em out and start over again...If that fails use fire !
Yah nut..........

I dont know?
I'd sell it :p

WTF is a Chally ?
I understand you being notsure. Chally is what cool young people call the Challenger. :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
simple answers work a lot better than freaking flaming me for asking a simple question. i wasn't trying to troll i was trying to see a different way to mount... and i bought it used out of state so i didn't strip the threads.

so jeez really? already getting flamed and basically called stupid because the previous owner striped the threads and the dealer didn't give me a bracket to attach the plate. SOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRY

·
Banned
557 Posts
In fairness, questions like these are typical of trolls. Not accusing, just saying.

Again, if it's the front license plate, fill the holes (bumperplugs.com or body shop) and then go with the show-n-go plate. If you don't mind holes in the plastic, you can get the rubber grommets or many times you can get little metal clips that attach to the plastic and provide a solid screw connection (similar to pic below).

·
Super Moderator
14,209 Posts
Another option is to install your front license plate bracket in the lower grill. Many of us have done this. It makes for a much cleaner front end look.

Here is the "how to" thread. I modified the procedure by using 6" toggle bolts (with the threads covered by rubber tubing) instead of the less permanent plastic grip ties.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f108/no-holes-front-plate-bracket-25019/

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i understand the whole troll thing. and tbh it is a retarded question, and also, this is the rear bumper :indifferent: just noticed i never said. i guess i'm still gonna go get the rubber sleeves. and after i wash the car i'll post a pic so you know i'm legit hahaha

·
Registered
102 Posts
I realize that you were trying to be funny, but please be courteous of other members. Click is a Junior Member just seeking advice. That is what this forum is all about- helping other members.

I can respect your position I was in your shoes for three years(owner/moderator) until about a year ago when I sold my board...

I do think, however, that (this) being a car forum filled with (supposed) car guys and adults, my post is the kind of thing that should be expected. Maybe not applauded or encouraged, but definitely expected..I mean, after all, it is the internet. Placating and offering a placebo bandage to every person who has their feelings hurt only succeeds in filling your forum with false prophets and whiny shoe lickers...

Anyway, I digress...

To the original O.P., the posts above this one are what you'll need to follow, good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts