Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks!
This is the member formally known as "SoCalChallengerLover"

Wife and I have been very busy the last few months selling my So Cal home and driving cross country in a older used RV with 2 dogs and buying a house in Gaffney South Carolina.
Gaffney is about 45 miles South of CHARLOTTE North Carolina.
I didn't have internet access for awhile.

So far I LOVE the Carolinas!
Very green and forested and MUCH less expensive cost of living compared to California.
California is a beautiful state too, but just got too crazy expensive for me after 33 years there.
I just bought a 3 bed, 2 bath 1475 Sq Ft Brick home on a ACRE of partly forested land for only $115,000!! House is in good shape and needs nothing really.
This same house would have cost me at LEAST a Million in California because of the acreage.
I'm Challengerless at the moment and it's killing me but I hope to get another slightly used one maybe within a year or so.

Anyway good to be back in the Challenger community and hope to find some car shows/get togethers near by to go to.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Glad you like your new home!!! WARNING: You have until 9-30-19 to get the $10 per HorsePower Rebate!!! If you got the fever now is the time to do it!!!?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,606 Posts
Welcome back, congrats on an affordable house o_O

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,594 Posts
Welcome to the east coast. Congrats on a great house purchase. (y) Good luck on your Challenger search.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wrong Carolina, but close!
Ha! It's the RIGHT Carolina if you lean that way AND if you want to pay $500 in property taxes on a $115,000 house!! :D

SC also has the cheapest gas prices in the nation because they have the lowest gas taxes.
I found 87 for $2.09 a gallon last week.....name brand gas too!
NO vehicle inspection of ANY kind at all....if you like to mod your cars this is the state to do it in!

·
Premium Member
11,575 Posts
Welcome back and congratulations on the move! Must have been a beautiful drive all the way from California. We look forward to seeing what kind of Mopar you choose next time :)

- Alexis

·
Registered
2018 Yellow-Jacket Scat Pack
64 Posts
I'm closer to Raleigh but Welcome!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replys folks!

That's because they don't maintain the roads with taxed fuel...or at all. :p
Have to be honest with you.....I drive UBER so I drive all over, the roads in SC aren't in that bad a condition.
The only place they can be real rough is in the WAY back country roads, for what I've experienced anyway.

I'm closer to Raleigh but Welcome!!!
Nice collection you got there in your sig Fergi........do you still own all of them??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whats the difference between a Country Boy and a Hick?
Depends how many abandoned cars they have on their property!

I LOVE driving the back country to see what's laying around.....you find some stuff that makes you scratch your head and wonder why they just let em sit and rot.....many arn't even covered!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Hi Folks!
This is the member formally known as "SoCalChallengerLover"

Wife and I have been very busy the last few months selling my So Cal home and driving cross country in a older used RV with 2 dogs and buying a house in Gaffney South Carolina.
Gaffney is about 45 miles South of CHARLOTTE North Carolina.
I didn't have internet access for awhile.

So far I LOVE the Carolinas!
Very green and forested and MUCH less expensive cost of living compared to California.
California is a beautiful state too, but just got too crazy expensive for me after 33 years there.
I just bought a 3 bed, 2 bath 1475 Sq Ft Brick home on a ACRE of partly forested land for only $115,000!! House is in good shape and needs nothing really.
This same house would have cost me at LEAST a Million in California because of the acreage.
I'm Challengerless at the moment and it's killing me but I hope to get another slightly used one maybe within a year or so.

Anyway good to be back in the Challenger community and hope to find some car shows/get togethers near by to go to.
Congrats, I'm so jealous cause I'm stuck in So Cal too and my wife and I dreaming of getting out, Summerville, South Carolina is on our list of places to look.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Just got my YEARLY property taxes.......I was wrong about $500 a year for a $115,000 house on a Acre of land......it's $380!!!
Wow!
Yep, R/E taxes for residents are low. If this were your 2nd home or rental property, the taxes would likely be about 5 times as much.

Below is a link to a thread I started about a show coming up in just a couple of weeks. It is Mopars At The Beach put on by Coastal Carolina Mopars, a club predominately for owners along the Grand Strand - from Little River (NC border) to Georgetown. In my post is a link to the event web site. Gaffney is about a 4 1/2 hour drive away; but, you might enjoy it. This will be my first year attending; so, I can't tell you any more than is on the web site. The Charity Ride starts about 1 mile from our home so I don't have far to go.

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
Welcome back!

I've been to a shows at the Timken plant in Gaffney in the past couple of years - not too far from where I live (Gaston Co in NC)

I moved from Oregon to North Carolina in early 2018 - so glad I did that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts