Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the new ride, had 2010 challenger r/t traded that in for a 13 gt mustang.... Biggest mistake ever... Now I have the 2013 srt8, and I'm loving it!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,047 Posts
Do share with us your impressions - there's been a handful that have made the Dodge > Ford and > Dodge transition (or migration) in the past couple of years.

I appreciate the variety of what's available today, and there's all sorts of variants to suit each buyer's priorities / properties they want...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, here are my thoughts, experiences..

2010 challenger.

Loved the car, had the mopar appearance package..loved the roominess of the inside. I traded it in because I thought I needed something faster then the r/t...

2013 mustang.

Was blinded by the amount of hp it had, when I bought the car I was amazed by the hp and the feel of what it let like snapping your head back when pressing the gas. I really liked the feel of the 6 speed gear box as well, but what I didn't like was the fact that I got the white leather interior, and the fact that I gave up all the interior roominess. I honestly thought I could overcome the color and the roominess with the hp... I was wrong...

So here I am today, 2013 srt8 392..

I have the roominess back, I have the 470 hp, which is close to the feel I had in the mustang, and I have the color that I want, interior and exterior. My first impressions of the 392 is the fact that I love the suspension...love the 392, and I love the fact I have my interior room back.. What I don't like and didn't like in my 10 is the throw of he 6 speed gear shift, it will be getting switched out, just got to do some research first..

·
Super Moderator
15,047 Posts
What I don't like and didn't like in my 10 is the throw of he 6 speed gear shift, it will be getting switched out, just got to do some research first..
The solution is the Hurst Billet II short throw shifter...I've had mine for 2 1/2 years plus...it improves the feel / accuracy of the shifter - once you have the Hurst unit, you'll ask why you didn't change it sooner.

Larry (member on CT) makes a mod (and you can buy a modified new shifter from him directly if you like) that addresses the shortcomings in durability/QC with the stock Hurst unit (throw rod that eliminates o-rings/grooves)

www.gandkperformance.com/modified throw-rod - Home - Farmington, MN

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The solution is the Hurst Billet II short throw shifter...I've had mine for 2 1/2 years plus...it improves the feel / accuracy of the shifter - once you have the Hurst unit, you'll ask why you didn't change it sooner.

Larry (member on CT) makes a mod (and you can buy a modified new shifter from him directly if you like) that addresses the shortcomings in durability/QC with the stock Hurst unit (throw rod that eliminates o-rings/grooves)

www.gandkperformance.com/modified throw-rod - Home - Farmington, MN

Thanks for the link, I will sure use this... I did install the hurst shifter in my 2010, I just felt that it was a little louder then what I wanted, I know for the mustangs corvettes and camaros you have mgw and Barton for options. Quieter options... I know I have read some about using more dynamat and making things a little better, we will see once I do some reading... I have been away a while, but it looks like a lot has not changed...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
you didn't mention how ugly that mustang is compare to the Challenger lol

Congrats on that awesome Challenger!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome home.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,030 Posts
Welcome back and congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's gorgeous. Why did you have to trade it in?
Didn't "have" to trade it in, just didn't like the ride quality and i didn't like the amount of room that I had given up. The challenger is so roomy on the inside... I knew I was giving that up when I traded my first challenger, just didn't know it would bother me as much as it did..

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back. It feels good to be home!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Welcome back and thanks for sharing your impressions on the mustang GT in comparison with the Challenger! I have always been interested in opinions of those who had tried them both.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts