Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd originally ordered my IE on September 24th - Got fed up and disillusioned with the dealer and the whole process and placed an order for a black SRT with Bob Frederick on February 4th. The process was not nearly as painful with Bob at the helm - but my car was an Allied hostage for a couple of weeks and seemed lost in Toledo before Bob rescued it and finally delivered it on Saturday. It ended up flying 300+ miles (fortunately my brother is a pilot) in a small plane and driving back from Bob's place in Ohio. I had Bob install the skip shift eliminator, short throw Hurst and the IE exhaust extensions. - Stuff I could have done myself, but I figured his guys would do a better job having done it before. If I buy another Dodge I'll definitely go through Bob again...

The car was worth the wait. I've never been a Mopar guy but this one has me hooked. - It was difficult staying below 100 on the way back - my radar detector paid for itself at least once. The low end torque is great - car feels very agile on back roads and cruises effortlessly on the highway.

Below is a shot in the shop - sharing space with a '59 Caddy, 68 Shelby, 70 Mach 1 and 61 Apache (no shortage of projects there).

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Great looking car, congrats. 392 for the win!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Simply beautiful.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Very NICE!! That's what mine is going to look like!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ha! Looks great! Congrats. I think your dog is waiting for you to take it for a ride in the new wheels, or else it reminds it of it's mother. They make a nice pair.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got to agree with everyone else, thats a nice color combo :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Awesome! loks great with those stripes! Yes Bob is the go to guy!

·
Registered
852 Posts
That is suweet!! Congrats!

·
Registered
466 Posts
that's one sweet ride

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Lucky Dog! Nice color!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
well 1st post outside new member area. congrats on the new toy. I can't see pictures at work but I am guessing its the same color as the one I picked up on Monday. Love the color and stripe combo. enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Black and silver is tough to beat. Awesome car! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
well I am at home, so now I can see your car. love the color combination!!

Mine did not come with the quad exhaust tips so I made that part of the deal. they are supposed to be delivered next week. Also removing the "392 Hemi" badges off the side of the fenders.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
well I am at home, so now I can see your car. love the color combination!!

Mine did not come with the quad exhaust tips so I made that part of the deal. they are supposed to be delivered next week. Also removing the "392 Hemi" badges off the side of the fenders.

why remove the 392 badges?

i think id rather cut off my left nut than remove those badges

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I am having the dealer put just the "392" on the hood. no Hemi. I like clear fenders. easier to wax.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts