Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a Mopar fan, have been my whole life. Stems from my father also being one and working in a Chrysler/Plymouth dealer for a number of years. I have owned some other brands mainly out of curiosity. A Chevy Silverado and three BMWs along with a new Jetta that I purchased as a winter car this past fall. When I started the purchasing process last spring the Challenger, Mustang, and Camero where all in scope. I test drove them all and in the end I selected the Challenger. Mainly because I've always wanted one as a kid and I never got over having to pass on one as a teenager because I didn't have the cash ($1,500). While I liked the styling of the Camero the inside kills me. The blind spots and that funky interior drove me nuts which eliminated it rather early in the process. The Mustang on the other hand was a close contender in a black GT convertible configuration. It handled well and looked great but in the end I thought about how many Mustangs are on the road and determined that I didn't want to part of that gene pool and pulled the trigger on the Challenger.

Why am I writing all of this, well because the weather has been fantastic here in Pittsburgh this week. I commute around 48 miles round trip. And you know what, during the past three days I've counted 45 Mustangs and one Challenger (black, and yes he gave me the "I'm with you bud wave!").

I don't want to drive what every Tom, ****, and Harry are driving, yet I am proud to drive what I drive and know that there is a great community of us who like to be unique.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
I will be in Pittsburg in a few weeks and will be keeping a watch out for your PCP baby!

I agree on the Camaro. I had one as a rent car. Not only did it have a huge blind spot, but have you t ried to put luggage in the trunk. Nice big trunk. Small opening to wedge luggage through. Who thought that was a good idea!

·
Registered
220 Posts
A PCP Challenger is definitely the best way to get around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts