Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, have been screening some information on the Challenger off this forum for a few weeks. I'm looking for either a 6M Challenger, or 6M Camaro, am leaning towards the Challenger now, but not 100% sure. There's advantages to both. Have some questions, but will post those on the talk forum.

Who knows? I may be around for a long while.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
challenger looks better outside and has more room inside (5 passenger), but it costs more

Camaro is less money and the driving position makes you feel like your 6 years old driving your dads car....its a bit strange.....i more i see the Camaro the more i dislike the looks....the back end is horrible...i still like the front end

Many Challenger owners have commented about the cheap interior materials of the Camaro....i think the Camaro interior is great looking and significantly better looking than the Challenger, but i cant comment on the cheapness of it.....they are night and day different

i see 1 or 2 Challengers on the road a week, while i see Camaro's every time i drive...i see Mustangs every 2 minutes

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Buy a Challenger, your life will improve immediately.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i am chevrolet thru and thru, but the new camaro is chinesssse looking. the new challenger is GREAT. get the SRT if you can. and like above, camaros are every where, and mustangs are girl cars.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
I was GM only for almost 40 years and wanted to buy the Camaro. But once I sat in one I couldn't do it.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I agree with the comment on the Camaro making you feel like a kid in your dad's car. That high beltline for the side windows is extreme. The biggest plus for the Camaro is the full instrumentation and especially the gauge pak on the console. That is very reminiscent of the '69 Camaro SS. The lack of gauges in the Challenger is also confusing to me as I thought all muscle cars had full instrumentation. Not a deal breaker, just surprising.

·
Registered
466 Posts
if you want to blend in, buy the camaro if you want to stand out, buy the challenger

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

Go with the 2011 Challenger the upgrades are significant and they have great road manners :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
if you want to blend in, buy the camaro if you want to stand out, buy the challenger

but if you want a really quick v6 car go look at the 2011 mustang.
0-60 and 1/4 miles times are right in line with the 09/10 challenger RT
with an MSRP of $25510 wich includes the performance package with 6spd, 3.31 gear, 19" wheels etc, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Thanks everyone! I agree with the comment on the Camaro making you feel like a kid in your dad's car. That high beltline for the side windows is extreme. The biggest plus for the Camaro is the full instrumentation and especially the gauge pak on the console. That is very reminiscent of the '69 Camaro SS. The lack of gauges in the Challenger is also confusing to me as I thought all muscle cars had full instrumentation. Not a deal breaker, just surprising.
Welcome ..You can see alot of instumentation on your EVIC including performance stuff.

·
Registered
154 Posts
dodge is making a very strong comeback in the performance market..

·
Super Moderator
14,210 Posts
Welcome. Glad you joined us. We now have 17,926 members and growing daily! You'll find that this is the best Challenger forum on the web.

One word of caution, however. If you decide to buy a Challenger, it may prove to be very expensive for you...because of all the great ideas you will get to mod it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts