·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Be careful in what part you order. There are different ones available. I watched a You Tube video and just ordered the part number that was displayed on the video. I ordered PN # 68043390-AA (called Air Dam) and I ordered the belly pan PN# 5030943-AA (called shield). My car is a 2014 RT Plus. When I went to my shop to install them. It turned into a 6 hour installation. The biggest pain was removing the original chin spoiler. I did not remove the front bumper. I put the car up on the lift and got easier access to the many #7mm bolts holding everything together. When I went to install the belly pan, discovered that the right side did not fit properly where the air duct is. Had to use a mini sawzall to cut away some plastic to make it fit. My chin spoiler does not come with the mini mud flaps that are on the front of the fenders. I see now that some chin spoilers come with flaps attached as one piece. I think guys call these the 392 chin spoiler. Good luck and do your part# homework before you order. I paid $89 for the spoiler and $58 for the belly pan. Got my parts from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Im looking to get a srt8 front spoiler after some research the chippest i found is on MoparOnlineParts.com: Buy Mopar Car Truck Parts | Genuine Discounted Mopar OEM Auto Parts | Mopar Accessories and the price is : $61.41+15$ shipping i want to know if this is the real srt8 front spoiler like on the picture because that cheap lol Thanks
That's likely a true part. That's the front and that is it though, no belly pan, no air damn/ducts for the brakes, and no right or left side chin spoiler filler. If you dont know what the left/right side chin spoiler filler is its here:

Mopar OEM Chin Spoiler Right Side Filler Challenger 392

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Be careful in what part you order. There are different ones available. I watched a You Tube video and just ordered the part number that was displayed on the video. I ordered PN # 68043390-AA (called Air Dam) and I ordered the belly pan PN# 5030943-AA (called shield). My car is a 2014 RT Plus. When I went to my shop to install them. It turned into a 6 hour installation. The biggest pain was removing the original chin spoiler. I did not remove the front bumper. I put the car up on the lift and got easier access to the many #7mm bolts holding everything together. When I went to install the belly pan, discovered that the right side did not fit properly where the air duct is. Had to use a mini sawzall to cut away some plastic to make it fit. My chin spoiler does not come with the mini mud flaps that are on the front of the fenders. I see now that some chin spoilers come with flaps attached as one piece. I think guys call these the 392 chin spoiler. Good luck and do your part# homework before you order. I paid $89 for the spoiler and $58 for the belly pan. Got my parts from the dealer.
that possible to buy only the spoiler and not the belly pan do you have picture of it or anything ? thx

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here is a list of the part numbers for the 392 chin spoiler and related parts: spoiler p# 68109837AA, front shield p# 68060070AA (this is the lower pan with the air ducts), left chin spoiler extension p# 68109838AA, right chin spoiler extension p# 68109839AA (these pieces close the gap on ends at the inner wheel splash shield. The lower pan with the ducts will fit the 3.6 V6 cars (not sure on 3.5 motor), but the right side duct will hit the receiver/dryer for the A/C system. I modified mine by heating the duct with a heat gun and conforming it in place, this allows it to remain functional. I would recommend that you remove the front bumper cover to install the chin spoiler, it makes it a lot easier and you won't damage the cover this way. If you would like more info on installing let me know.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here is a picture of spoiler installed and individual components before installation. hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
From that website:

"Estimated Shipping Shipping is estimated by a percentage of the order because the weight and dimensions are not available. If shipping is more than estimated you will be contacted for approval. If shipping is less, the total will be adjusted. Actual shipping charges will apply."

I think you'll find the shipping to be quite a bit more than $15, it may actually cost less to buy the spoiler and pan locally.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I did this on a 09 6sp R/T. Had to buy the belly pan as well as the chin spoiler. I guess I was lucky cuz it went right on. Did not have any issues.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
id just get the lip from the dealer locally. no shipping, and its only like 75 bucks... or that what i paid. no belly pan or nothing, just lip

·
Registered
872 Posts
Im looking to get a srt8 front spoiler after some research the chippest i found is on MoparOnlineParts.com: Buy Mopar Car Truck Parts | Genuine Discounted Mopar OEM Auto Parts | Mopar Accessories and the price is : $61.41+15$ shipping i want to know if this is the real srt8 front spoiler like on the picture because that cheap lol Thanks
thanks for using a pic of my challenger as an example haha

i think mine came with the side extensions like 70sDNA stated. if i remember correctly, it was around $100-115 from the dealer which i found to be cheaper and faster than online.

i would also consider getting a quote for install because it's a PITA to install so i hear. shouldn't take more than an hour for the dealer to install so maybe around $100.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Question for the Forum:

I have a 2014 RT classic.

Will part number 68043390-AA fit my car ?

I want to add SRT 8 Air Dam front spoiler ONLY, and use the stock belly pan.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
From what I do remember (year and a half ago) was that the actual brake duct pan was almost the same as for lining up the screw holes. There were many small screws that attached the chin spoiler to the front bumper. Lying on your back I think would be crazy. On a lift with a good light you can see what you're doing. I believe the SRT chin spoiler will attach to the original belly pan. Just do more homework before buying. Also, the 6.1 chin spoiler does not come with the front fender flares (mini mud flaps at the front of the lower fender). The newer chin spoilers are all one piece with the fender pieces attached. I hope I haven't confused you too much. If you go to a Dodge Parts guy he could most likely show you the different types of chin spoilers on the computer before you buy. Good luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks,,

My RT classic already has 68043398AA and 68043399AA front mud flap extensions on the front wheel wells.

I'll agree with you on getting the car on a lift or the front end airborne (high enough) to get underneath.

My goal is simple, increase the airflow into the engine compartment by using the air ducts. I'm not trying to get the air into the brakes… I don't have Brembo brakes and I'm not driving on a road course… I'm trying to cool down my engine compartment.

Gumby

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I really don't think that the chin spoiler is going to make any difference on air flow into the engine bay. I am looking into getting functional air scoops on the hood. Not the Cold Air Intake ones. These engines stay hot for a long time after you shut them down.

·
Registered
68 Posts
movnviol,

I'm curious… Are you using your plastic engine cover on your 5.7 ?

I'll agree with you with…the chin spoiler not making much difference when your car isn't moving, but once your car starts moving at any speed, that SRT chin spoiler will start gulping up air like a whale gulps up plankton.

So, ...YES and NO

Gumby

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here's a few pics of my vented/expanded openings... engine cover to improve air flow.

By the way, today..a guy a Speedlogix said that SRT spoiler will fit on my 2014 RT no problem.

Can't believe there aren't more people that have tried the installation..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I took my "clam shell" off last year and installed American Car Craft polished stainless plenum cover with blue LED lights. I call it my "Flux Capacitor".

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts