Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you know anything about me its that, I love my challenger. I would only like to add to my current hood NOT change it. Reason: Look at those damn stripes. i Really do not like the standard shaker hood. I can buy a shaker kit for around $1500. I Just don't know how it would fit or if it would look good on this hood. The plan is to cut the shape out of my current hood to fit the shaker in. Any feedback or advice is helpful. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that is a 2012 hood though. My (2018) hood has the scoops further down. It may fit a bit different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the problem is that i haven't seen one yet. the hood above (black one) is a 2010-12 which looks different than my current one.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,265 Posts
I think the hoods changed to the longer (closer to original) in 2015.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
If you like the black top stripes, I would just order a set for the hood and then order a shaker, hood and all, AFR or Cervini and install that hood and kit and have the stripes installed on it.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
788 Posts
Imo, I feel like it would be even worse with the newer hood style than the one Frank posted.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
Bitchin Rides did one

I haven't seen a 2015+ though

A Guy

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
A Guy
[/QUOTE]
Bitchin Rides did one

View attachment 1002922

I haven't seen a 2015+ though

A Guy
Now that's not bitchin' unless it was my ride, then I'd be bitchin' after I kicked the hell out of someone!

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
I like the Bitchin alright, guess the key would be getting the Shaker to the right height.

On the black car it's too high and doesn't look right.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
788 Posts
I wonder how a shaker would look on something like the og hellcat hood with the big heat extractors. It would probably take a completely custom hood tho cuz of the scoop it comes with.

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
the power bulge hood with a shaker - just looks off. A guy had a shaker added to his '08 SRT8...
-not the most successful conversion for the $$$ spent.

the Hellcat hood would have the same issue - the center section is raised and with the center scoop + shaker - visually it would be a mess.

Chrysler stylists figured out back in the late 60s that the flat hood for the Shaker was the best way to go.

let that scoop be the star attraction

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
If the OP is trying to save some money by reusing his hood, he will have more money in modifying that hood plus the fab time in it. I understand that to add an OEM one after the fact is an overpriced proposition, that is why I suggested the aftermarket one and the OEM black top stripes.

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
I would buy a flat hood to accomodate the shaker. The shaker on your existing hood looks much too busy. Also, Rider Grafix, one of our Supporting Vendors, has several shaker hood stripe packages. Here is one.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I posted links to both Cervini and AFR as they would be less expensive than oem, the neat thing about AFR is the different scoops available.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts