·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Eh, nothing special in my opinion. Dodge just trying to make it seem like's products are exclusive. Anyways, I thought Challengers were made in Canada or am I just crazy?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, nothing special in my opinion. Dodge just trying to make it seem like's products are exclusive. Anyways, I thought Challengers were made in Canada or am I just crazy?
The t-shirts may not be all that special (I certainly don't think they're worth the $30 price tag) but they don't say anything about Challengers being imported from Detroit. Just sayin'. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
"Imported from Detroit" my ass. Here's a list of Chrysler LLC's assembly plants and what they produce at each:

Sterling Heights, MI – Chrysler 200 and Dodge Avenger
Warren, MI – Ram
Saltillo, Mexico - Ram
Toledo, OH – Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Liberty, Dodge Nitro
Brampton, Ontario, Canada – Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Challenger
Windsor, Ontario, Canada – Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan
Toluca, Mexico – Dodge Journey
Belvedere, IL - Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot
Detroit, MI - Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Durango

The only thing they build in Detroit is the Cherokee/Durango platform mates. It would seem, from the number of vehicles they build in Canada and Mexico their slogan should more accurately say "Imported BY Detroit."

·
Registered
402 Posts
Heh... you think that's bad, this one should hit a little closer to home...

From Dodge.life.com
(Yep, back says "made in Detroit")
maybe the shirts are made in Detroit?!

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
"Detroit, MI - Jeep Grand Cherokee"

Well I guess the shirt applies 50% in my case!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Heh... you think that's bad, this one should hit a little closer to home...

From Dodge.life.com
(Yep, back says "made in Detroit")
maybe the shirts are made in Detroit?!
Yep, as far as I know those shirts are Made in Detroit. My jacket says the same. I think that company that makes them is called "Made in Detroit":
Made In Detroit

And don't forget: the brains for all our cars are in Detroit :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I may not agree with their promotion for the fact that their plants are else where, but I do like the commercials and the fact that an American Company ISN'T bashing another American company, but promoting its self. I hate how F-150 and Silverado ALWAYS compare to each other instead of comparing to Nissan or Toyota.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
the slogan "imported from detroit" is for the new chrysler 200. never did it mention the challenger being made in detroit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts