Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see it WAY TOO Often...on TOO MANY posts...."SRT is $50K." In some rare instances, it is. I have not met a single person who spent more than $45K for an SRT. Now....I'll admit that there are a few that get:

Auto Trans, Sunroof, HK sound, and every other option imaginable. They might pay $50K. But if they did.... I say they didn't properly negotiate a good price. They may have had bad credit.

I paid $42K for mine. That is a far cry from $50K. Yes mine is a manual (had to order to get what I wanted). No sunroof. Never used the ones I had on previous cars. I did not "cheap out." I ordered Vapor Chrome wheels and fatter rear tires.

My point is that I've seen too many posters throw around the "SRT is a $50K car" accusation. I have yet to meet anyone who paid that much. I doubt you will find anyone on this site who ADMITS paying more than $46K (they do not want to appear to have been "ripped off.")

·
Registered
968 Posts
Especially if it's a core model.

I negotiated very fair value for a trade-in, and implied that I would be financing while negotiating a price on paper. After final price was negotiated I dropped the bomb that I would not be financing and it was too late for them to back out. I didn't get a good deal--I got a great deal. Far, far less than 50k lol.

The best part is that the average person thinks it is a 60k car. I have been told how much my car is worth several times lol.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Especially if it's a core model.

I negotiated very fair value for a trade-in, and implied that I would be financing while negotiating a price on paper. After final price was negotiated I dropped the bomb that I would not be financing and it was too late for them to back out. I didn't get a good deal--I got a great deal. Far, far less than 50k lol.

The best part is that the average person thinks it is a 60k car. I have been told how much my car is worth several times lol.
You'll be surprised to see how many people think a R/T Classic is a $50G car, especially if it's PCP, HO, or Header Orange.

·
Registered
35 Posts
SRT not a 50K car

Ill admit I paid close to 50 for mine. I got all options except sunroof, and I got the extended warranty and all maintenance paid for 6 years. I could have spent several hours, possibly days, and a big headache and a couple of as alieve and negotiated a better deal for a few K less possibly, but the plain facts were I loved the car and the payment was not a problem and I got a good rate on it. I just wish I could put a supercharger on it without voiding the warranty. :pimp:

1,931 Posts
My Challenger stickered at $46,xxx....No options other than auto and stripe delete...I paid about much less after rebates and dealer discounts....wish the core had been around when I ordered mine as I would saved another $3K or so............

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Install the blower anyway....

Ill admit I paid close to 50 for mine. I got all options except sunroof, and I got the extended warranty and all maintenance paid for 6 years. I could have spent several hours, possibly days, and a big headache and a couple of as alieve and negotiated a better deal for a few K less possibly, but the plain facts were I loved the car and the payment was not a problem and I got a good rate on it. I just wish I could put a supercharger on it without voiding the warranty. :pimp:
I will within a year or so. Sounds like you can afford one. I never buy warranties. I'm not rich, but power is important to me. I see a damaged motor as an "opportunity." Break one....good chance to build it better/stronger.

·
Registered
442 Posts
agree is not a 50k car

mine stickered for around 50,900 or somewhere near that......I have all options except delete on stripe. and my price was 44,000. it was a 2012 model purchased 5/1/2012...not a leftover or late in the year purchase

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I always considered the SRT to be $10k-$12k more than a comparably-equipped R/T. Sticker price doesn't mean jack to me, it's not even a starting point for negotiations. :)

At the time, if I wanted an SRT8 instead of an R/T it would've been around $42k-$44k instead of the $32k I paid for the R/T.

·
Premium Member
3,638 Posts
A local dealer had 2 matching 2012 YJ's, one manual, one auto. Both were stickered at $61k. That's because they were loaded, AND the dealer slapped a $10K "Market Adjustment" on there. They sat and SAT forever. Last time I checked, they had marked them down to around $48 or so, and they finally found someone to buy them. I bet they sat for a year, or longer. I always wondered where they ended up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
srt8 core

The core was alot less, but It just wasnt the same car in my eyes. The only thing worse than paying too much in my opinion, is paying for something you "settled" for. When I saw "my" car I knew I had to have it. She was whispering in my ear to take her home, so thats what I did. Her name is peppermint. Mods sre so far: solo cat back, afe cai, limo tint, mopar splash guards.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
You'll be surprised to see how many people think a R/T Classic is a $50G car, especially if it's PCP, HO, or Header Orange.
My 2010 Hemi Orange Classic stickered for 44,510 add 15% tax (Yes our tax rate is that high) that comes to $51,186.50.
I paid $42,319 + $1690 Extended Warranty + $449.99 Tire & Rim Warranty + $295 Admin Fee + $15 Tire Tax = $44,768.99 x 15% = $51,484.34 + $12.30 License Fee for a grand total of $51,496.64 out the door.
My math says I have a 50G R/T Classic but then again I am Canadian and that is Canadian funds lol plus the added warranties puts me over the 50g mark.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
...but it looks like a $50k car :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
I got a used one I paid 28 k it had 26k miles on it its got every opt sun roof upgraded sound system ext the original papers came with the car it says 47xxx

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would say the jump from the 5.7 to the 6.1 was not worth it. But the jump from the 5.7 to the extras added in 2011 was.
I sat down with a dealer in jan about a R/T shaker and it came out to 47,000 can
No thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Geez. I paid 46k and then went and dropped another 18k on a motor and procharger. Sounds like I got screwed; however, I'm happy. :eek:

KW

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ass long ass your happy at the end of the day that's all that matters

1 - 20 of 56 Posts