Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know the whole spring setup has been beat to death! And after doing some research I discovered that with a 6 speed R/T you will need to replace the struts as we are equipped with Nivomats, BUT....when changing my exhaust out, I noticed I had bilstein rears, am I missing something?

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
As long as you don't have Nivomats, you can get away with changing just the springs... What brand front struts do you currently have?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as you don't have Nivomats, you can get away with changing just the springs... What brand front struts do you currently have?
I wonder why I wouldn't have the nivomats in the rear??

Not sure bout the fronts, will have to take a peek after work!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a base 27F 6-speed ... no nivomats.
My Hotchkis sprngs are going in today!
I'll have picks before, during and after install, along with Razors Edge bump steer kit!

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
So I know the whole spring setup has been beat to death! And after doing some research I discovered that with a 6 speed R/T you will need to replace the struts as we are equipped with Nivomats, BUT....when changing my exhaust out, I noticed I had bilstein rears, am I missing something?
Dodge made changes on the 2010 R/T just not sure of when they changed

·
Registered
864 Posts
me too

I noticed that too man, everyone said you need the yellow bilsteins to be able to use lowering springs, but I had my car on the lift at the auto shop and noticed I had black shocks that said bilstein. Kinda confused me too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts