Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: 1973Cuda

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
446 Posts
I just got those this week. I'm installing them this weekend after I first do some testing with the "free" method available on 19+. I'll be making a video of it

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Reactions: 68Coronet

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
446 Posts
On 2019 + you removed the spring and wire tie the flap open if I recall what I read.
Yup, that's it. And you have to leave the actuator plugged in the entire time. If you unplug it at all it'll fail. There's a guy in my 1320 group who did that over a year ago and says he has never had a code pop up.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got those this week. I'm installing them this weekend after I first do some testing with the "free" method available on 19+. I'll be making a video of it
How did it work out??

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
446 Posts
How did it work out??
Ok, finally got it all done. I put up a video too so if anyone wants to check it out I could really use the support. But, to sum it up here

The Z Automotive plugs work perfect. They're the easiest to use since you can just unplug the actuators, put the dummy connectors in, and not have to remove the actuator.

BUT, they're the most expensive option. So I don't see any benefit over a mechanical delete like Khaos, MFER, etc, which are cheaper, but just take a few extra minutes to install.

Exception, if you're going with an aftermarket exhaust that doesn't have the valves or want to cut the valves out, then Z Automotive is the way to go. And tip, if you're military, veteran and I believe 1st responder, they'll give you 10% off.

Also, I confirmed the FREE method does work with no codes on my 2020 model, and with other people confirming it works on the 19s, then if you have a newer Challenger, just do the free method. It works and you'll save a bunch of money. Unless again you go with an aftermarket exhaust or want to cut the valves out.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger 1320
153 Posts
Thanks for the video!

Question - What does it sound like when MDS kicks in?

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
446 Posts
Thanks for the video!

Question - What does it sound like when MDS kicks in?
I'm honestly not sure. I never let MDS kick in. I drive in Manual Mode all the time on the street and Drag Mode on the track. Thanks for checking out the vid!

·
Registered
157 Posts
So with these installed how does it sound, sorry the nannies here at my work block videos, will have to check it out at home. I would assume sounds a lot better with the valves open all the time.

anyone else installed these or defeated the valves so they are open 100% of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts