Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 R/T+ with the Auto/Manual tranny. First vehicle I've ever owned that has the paddle shifters and side-to-side manual gear change on the stick. I'm so used to driving with my hand resting on the stick that I sometimes bump it accidentally. Is there a way to immediately recover from that and put it back into "AUTO" rather than having to continue the cycle through the gears?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts
If your resting your hand on the shifter just bump it to the right for a one gear upshift or hold to the right till the D lights up.

·
Registered
235 Posts
something very similar happened to me shortly after I left the dealership last night. I accidently bumped the right paddle and the car dropped to a much lower gear and I couldn't figure out how to correct it. had to stop and put the car in park and then back in drive. it wasn't in the manual mode so i'm not sure exactly what I did.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
2015 if you hit the paddle it will go into manual mode but if you leave it alone for a moment it will go back to auto.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
523 Posts
something very similar happened to me shortly after I left the dealership last night. I accidently bumped the right paddle and the car dropped to a much lower gear and I couldn't figure out how to correct it. had to stop and put the car in park and then back in drive. it wasn't in the manual mode so i'm not sure exactly what I did.
Once you put the car in park or reverse it go us back to auto on its own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts