Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first time poster!

Proud owner of 2011 inaugural #384 of 1100 .

So over time parking in the sun has faded the red coloring on the 392 , weird how only the red faded! I am looking for advice and recommendatio on how to proceed with this minor restoration? Very careful fine brush painting ?

Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I have no experience here with your problem, so I'm just talking off the top of my head here.

I would measure the height and width of the 392 numbers and see if you can find a vinyl decal shop online that will duplicate the 392 in red. Rubbing on vinyl decals would be easier than trying to paint it in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Red is the absolute worst color possible for UV resistance for some reason.. Think late 80's ford and chevy vehicles.. Paint has came a long ways since back then, but still red sucks...

If it were me, i would go to a parts store, pick up a pin striping brush (usually around 4-6 dollars), and have half a pint of red farm fast dry equipment enamel mixed.. Tape off the majority of the area in case of a shaky hand, and paint it yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
My pinstriper says red fades the fastest for whatever reason. The main reason is the EPA decided having lead in paint is not good for humans. Meanwhile, why not contact a local pinstriper guy? They are known for having steady hands, which I certainly do not have. Mitch Kim in Clackamas. Oregon could handle this in a matter of minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts