Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of ordering a R/T and was wondering if the factory incentives still apply at time of delivery even if they end before your car arrives?

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
If it ends prior to delivery you're out of luck. Since cars aren't selling like they want them to, the incentives most likely will still be there for you. Good luck, maybe they will increase for you.

·
Registered
976 Posts
It depends on the dealer. I shopped around when I was ordering my 2013 - some said you're outta luck if they end before delivery, some said they can lock in the incentives when you order. The one I actually went through did a full purchase order (dated the day I ordered it) with the then-current incentives on it. If the incentives dropped before delivery, we would have used the older order to retain that date and those incentives. Lucky for me, the incentives actually increased $500 by the time the car came in, so we just did a new order to get the best incentives.

If you're military and have a USAA account, you may want to try the USAA car buying application and see what pricing and incentives pop up. I got a USAA-specific additional $1500 incentive when I ordered in Feb '13.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
If it ends prior to delivery you're out of luck. Since cars aren't selling like they want them to, the incentives most likely will still be there for you. Good luck, maybe they will increase for you.
Not always true...
Depends on whether the dealer is honest or not...
I ordered my Mopar'10 in July 2010 ($2k Mopar Bucks time frame)
Showed up (Mid Nov) long after that incentive expired, but I still got it, as it was a "Sold order" in July.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
It depends on the dealer. I shopped around when I was ordering my 2013 - some said you're outta luck if they end before delivery, some said they can lock in the incentives when you order. The one I actually went through did a full purchase order (dated the day I ordered it) with the then-current incentives on it. If the incentives dropped before delivery, we would have used the older order to retain that date and those incentives. Lucky for me, the incentives actually increased $500 by the time the car came in, so we just did a new order to get the best incentives.
It depends on the incentive.This program protection may be available when a vehicle is sold or ordered for a customer during an incentive program and that program has expired by the time the vehicle is physically delivered. This protection is available unless stated otherwise in the Official Program Rules. The dealer has easy access to those rules.

That's part of it right there, though - the sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order which details the agreed upon selling price at the time of order. There are other requirements as far as documentation goes, but there has to be a signed and dated buyer's order. Examples of other requirements are: must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership and must be delivered to the customer for whom the order was placed and at the originally agreed upon price at the time of order.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I ordered a Challenger RT... had a $2,500 rebate and a $1,000 rebate since we owned a VW as well... that was in April.... I took delivery in June and I got the rebates.. My understanding is when you put the deposit down those rebates are in effect when you take delivery of that car... but... if rebates go up you can use those instead.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Once you sign a purchase agreement for a certain price, that's it. You're locked in. That agreement is as binding to you as it is to them in honoring the price.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Once you sign a purchase agreement for a certain price, that's it. You're locked in. That agreement is as binding to you as it is to them in honoring the price.
People back out on signed agreements all the time....
Folks with signed Mopar'10 orders dropped them like flies back in 2010.... as did Mopar'11 Chargers the following year.
Cars took too long to show up and people got tired of waiting and bought other cars off the lots.
In the case of Mopar'10 buyers... some canceled their signed M10 order and bought 2011 392 IE's instead, because some IE's showed up 1st.

·
Registered
721 Posts
People back out on signed agreements all the time....
Folks with signed Mopar'10 orders dropped them like flies back in 2010.... as did Mopar'11 Chargers the following year.
Cars took too long to show up and people got tired of waiting and bought other cars off the lots.
In the case of Mopar'10 buyers... some canceled their signed M10 order and bought 2011 392 IE's instead, because some IE's showed up 1st.
That's fine. And for those that carry forward with their purchase of that signed agreement carries the weight of the price agreement at the time of signing.

Sooo...yeah. :)

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Thought you were implying that the purchaser could not back out...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well, no I am answering the OPs question which basically is 'when the dealer and I agree on a price that includes active incentives, is that price still applicable after the incentives perhaps expire'.

The answer to that is - yes.

People back out of PAs all the time, I agree. Typically you lose your down payment to place the order (usually $500) UNLESS you are buying something else from them, then you can use that $500 towards the purchase of something else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts