Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard from my dealership the other day when I was in picking up my hood struts that they are finally producing a factory plug-and-play sequential kit for the Challenger! He didn't have the part number yet as it hasn't officially been released nor did he have the exact date, but he did say "very soon!"

Just a heads up on what I heard before you decide to go with aftermarket. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Can't get much more "Plug & Play" than theWebElectric. Should be intresting though...

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Watch, the Mopar kit will probably be manufactured by Webelectric :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
good news

but at least they will be backed by dodge... im waiting for the factory kit:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
...they are finally producing a factory plug-and-play sequential kit for the Challenger! ....

Just a heads up on what I heard before you decide to go with aftermarket. :thumbsup:
Cool on the heads up for those that just want a Mopar branded product, but the WebElectric kit is a plug and play. I installed mine a few weeks ago and was impressed with the quality of the kit and instructions. Searching the forums on here no questions WebElectric provides excellent customer service.

But, if you just have to have a Mopar branded, good information. Will be curious to see the price and who really makes it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It would be interested in seeing if the Mopar kit slows down the flasher in the computer. This would give it a one-up on the WebElectric.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Any word on this?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any word on this?

I haven't heard anything on them yet, but I haven't been pestering the dealer either. Might get a hold of your local dealer's parts department and pester them.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
They've been saying that since before I got my car in Sep.and I finally gave up in Apr. and got web electric ones. Like someone said Mopar isn't going to warranty them like webelectric. I got a Mopar CAI from the dealership and they said it's not warrantied but won't void the car warranty and there's allot more that can go wrong with the harness on sequentails than a CAI. Webelectric WILL cover theirs.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Do you know if it will use LEDs or Edison bulbs?

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
From what I've read all of them Webelectric and Mopar) are the original bulbs you just change out the harness and put your normal bulbs back in. The new harness does use the lights in the trunk lid for signals and brake so you have 4 lights on each side.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Oh OK. I've been seeing Challengers with LED's recently. I guess they are '11s. I'd like to change over to LED and go sequential. Why not have my cake and eat it too?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Oh OK. I've been seeing Challengers with LED's recently. I guess they are '11s. I'd like to change over to LED and go sequential. Why not have my cake and eat it too?
Unless there is a ECM programming change or you put a load inline with the taillights to compensate for the led's it probably will not work.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I changed the tail lights in my work truck (08 Chevy Express cutaway) over to LEDs. They flash correct 3 times then flash fast. Found out later I need a $150 LED lighting module. I'll deal with the fast flash.

How would I put a load inline? Some kind of resister wire?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i looked into the Mopar sequentials when i bought my car..i wanted to use my Mopar bucks on them...they are advertised in the 2011 brochure....of course they will come out in the 2012 model year it sounds...im wondering if Dodge can come out with anything on time?

the pistol grip shifter from the Mopar 10 was like $650-700 vs the exact same one from another company for $225...so expect to pay 3x for the word MOPAR on it...

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
It would be interested in seeing if the Mopar kit slows down the flasher in the computer. This would give it a one-up on the WebElectric.
And this would be beneficial because....?

Just curious that's all. I've had the WebElectric for a couple of years now and I've never needed my computers flasher reduced. Am I missing something?
:scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts