Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't how many times I've across posts by members that ask questions or ask for help without giving much information about their cars. It's so frustrating and it's starting to really become annoying. I mean come on how hard is it to complete the damn member profile. It's just common sense. No?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,284 Posts
Common sense, yes.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Including listing location . How many times have you seen an item for sale, pick up only, with no location in the avatar or in the text of the sale.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
One that gets me is, someone has a problem with their Challenger, but you have NO idea what year of Challenger they are talking about. :dunno:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT
307 Posts
I thought that I was the only one annoyed with the lack of information.I have seen what mods,what year,where are you etc.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Why isn't that information provided on the sidebar below the avatar pic? I know mine is filled out but it's not visible unless you go into the user's profile or something? On the other forum it's right there in the sidebar, much easier to see.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,342 Posts
We've discussed making updating the profile mandatory on the Windows forums I am a Team member of, but we don't want to turn anyone off. Imagine someone with a PC asking for help. At least here you can assume it's a Challenger, lol. With a PC, you never know. We even wrote a tool that would grab your system specs, and fill them in automatically, but people still had to download and use it. It's just a fact of life that most will not update their specs, or will just put "Challenger".

A Guy

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well for me its personal safety. I dont want people knowing who I am.

I have a 2011 SRT green with envy. There are two registered in my county. Just by knowing if I live in East or West and you know where I am and where the car is.

I have a lengthy response about how the world is not safe and there people out there who's whole life is to make someone else miserable. But ill skip it.

My car is for sale but if I show it its not at my house. I rented a storage unit and drive it over there or the day before depending on the weather.

·
Registered
570 Posts

I have a 2011 SRT green with envy. There are two registered in my county. Just by knowing if I live in East or West and you know where I am and where the car is.

I have a lengthy response about how the world is not safe and there people out there who's whole life is to make someone else miserable. But ill skip it.

My car is for sale but if I show it its not at my house. I rented a storage unit and drive it over there or the day before depending on the weather.
Curious, how did you find out that there were two 2011 SRT green with envy Challengers registered in your county?

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the responses guys. It make me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one who's annoyed.
The way I see it is in the last several years the forum is now populated with more younger owners. Not necessarily a bad thing. Except I feel like they care less about things in general. Not being as empathetic and apathetic. There's an old joke: What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? Answer: I don't know and I don't care.

·
Registered
447 Posts

Paranoia on steroids! Isn't your car insured for theft??? :scratchhead:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,342 Posts
wasp392 I can tell you these posts mirror almost exactly discussions we have had at Seven Forums. No specs, no thanks, or any acknowledgement if the problem was solved. Even though we have a Reputation system there, everyone who helps a lot does it because they enjoy it. A thanks is always nice, but if not the original poster, many, many who search later benefit from the information ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We've discussed making updating the profile mandatory on the Windows forums I am a Team member of, but we don't want to turn anyone off. Imagine someone with a PC asking for help. At least here you can assume it's a Challenger, lol. With a PC, you never know. We even wrote a tool that would grab your system specs, and fill them in automatically, but people still had to download and use it. It's just a fact of life that most will not update their specs, or will just put "Challenger".

A Guy

You know I thought about making a suggestion to the moderators here's about making it mandatory but then I realized that there are some that don't own a challenger, are in process of gathering information to buy one, or simply trolling:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
:grin2: I am certain there are plenty of reasons not to update profile information ranging from computer savvy to "none of your business'... As for me, I have never owned a Challenger and did not feel giving information on my old Chrysler Newport, Ford Mustang or Dodge Charger in a Challenger format was appropriate.

In the near future, after my soon to happen Challenger purchase, I will gladly share my pictures and Challenger specs...

As a side note; most of the people on this site give great information and has helped me tremendously with getting the data that I need to make an informed decision on a purchase of this particular model. :smile: Thanks....

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
This is like when I go to a car show or cruise night and guys cover their license plates. They drive, arrive and depart with them visible so what does hiding them while parked do for them?
At a minimum if you post a general area of where you are in your state it still helps but doesn't pinpoint your location. Adding some specifics like trim level helps narrow down possible help from guys for your questions asked.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have to say, Yes I am paranoid. I even made a Facebook account with the name Voler Vive to add some anonymity to me. I have no other face book or such accounts and started the voler account Dec of 2016 just so I could get on this Forum. In my former line of work you come to realize that its not paranoia if people are actually out to get you. I know many of you chuckle at this but if you knew what our government can do and what I will assume other governments and Hackers are capable of you might be a little more carful. Just through some of the things I've posted here a fair annalist could figure out who and where I am and what I did for a living. My Avatar is a dead give away. I'm slowly getting over it, I can tell because I actually opened a face book account and post on this site. But I'm 10 plus years retired and I'm sure way lower on who ever's list LOL. But when I post and ask for Info I do try to be thorough in my description of what I need.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,342 Posts
My PC is like a vault security wise, way overkill, but a combo that doesn't slow my system. Any good, dedicated hacker could get in eventually. But, I have nothing stored on this PC, any keylogger would not only get random characters, but be detected by one layer after the other. If someone broke in and disabled all that, I'd know as soon as I booted. I figure it's like that saying..."You don't have to swim faster than the shark. Just faster than the guy next to you."

I am not reckless, but once I got a microsoft award, and anyone who knew what site to go to could find my real name, I relaxed. I suspect the fact I generally don't piss people off also helps :D

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,342 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Excellent read

A Guy That was an Excellent read. We should have something similar sticky posted on New Member instruction, in the rules. not as a rule so much but as a be carful not to fall in to this category.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts