Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
67 Posts
Yeah, something silly like that, auto down was so cool, in the 1990s, now we assume it is there. As for window cranks, remember when they changed direction? Somewhere in the 1970s I think... My 1967 El Camino has them, and you can actually buy a base Jeep Sport with "windy windows" and no power locks either!

I forgot about that! You are so right... It was "havoc" and confusion when that happened... [!!!]

Up to 3 years ago I had a 2000 F350 7.4 [or 3?] L, Diesel and loved that truck as "all" was manual...

Oh! well... I am as guilty as the next one falling into the stream of easiness and convenience I realize, while going as far as receiving an email on my watch and replying it as such! Never thought Star Trek would become reality!!! Have a great day...

·
Registered
103 Posts
For a DD I just traded in my 2010 CTS for a 2017 Caddy CT6. My God talk about easiness & convenience. The car parks itself and has a camera for a rear view mirror. In the next few years all these things will be common.

Oh! well... I am as guilty as the next one falling into the stream of easiness and convenience I realize, while going as far as receiving an email on my watch and replying it as such! Never thought Star Trek would become reality!!! Have a great day...

·
Registered
67 Posts
For a DD I just traded in my 2010 CTS for a 2017 Caddy CT6. My God talk about easiness & convenience. The car parks itself and has a camera for a rear view mirror. In the next few years all these things will be common.
Wow!!! Incredible.... The one aspect I think I could never go towards however will be a self driving car! I enjoy driving too much... A car for me has never been just a mode of transportation. A sport? A hobby?

Actually, as my reflexes have slowed down and I sure cannot drive as I use to or join Rally races [sold that car also!] I can drive on line with a simulator!!! I got to tell you that I enjoy that. So real with steering wheel, pedals, force feedback. I have Friends asking me if at 74 I have gone wacko! What? You want me to sit in front of a TV all day?... and eat soft food like mashed potatoes? I bought my first television ever when I turned 70 and still have only two channels one being the Formula 1 steaming channel! Fantastic coverage.

Sorry for the rambling often off subject!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
The 1st time I used the automatic parallel park was freaky. It spun the steering wheel faster than you could ever do by hand and came so close to the car I (it) was parking behind, but a perfect park every time. Hopefully save me some scrapes from when my wife uses it

Wow!!! Incredible.... The one aspect I think I could never go towards however will be a self driving car! I enjoy driving too much... A car for me has never been just a mode of transportation. A sport? A hobby?

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,362 Posts
The 1st time I used the automatic parallel park was freaky. It spun the steering wheel faster than you could ever do by hand and came so close to the car I (it) was parking behind, but a perfect park every time. Hopefully save me some scrapes from when my wife uses it
I test drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit 2 years ago with that feature, it was creepy as hell. I was thoroughly impressed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Another thought I had, considering the amount of power this car has, what a shame they are not making it in a rear "positraction" format. Would be so much nicer to have two powered wheels instead of one which I find always counter productive... Then again, I am not an engineer!

·
Super Moderator
15,019 Posts
and curb rash on the wheels... (aka: wife parking)

·
Super Moderator
15,019 Posts
Another thought I had, considering the amount of power this car has, what a shame they are not making it in a rear "positraction" format. Would be so much nicer to have two powered wheels instead of one which I find always counter productive... Then again, I am not an engineer!
if you have a M6 R/T, Scat Pack (any trans) or SRT they have limited slip differentials.

its the SXT / GT and R/T w/ A8 that have open differentials

·
Registered
67 Posts
if you have a M6 R/T, Scat Pack (any trans) or SRT they have limited slip differentials.

its the SXT / GT and R/T w/ A8 that have open differentials
I didn't know that. Yes, mine is 6 spd manual. Thanks. [2019]

* When the car is locked, the fuel cap is not. Many previous cars I had also locked the fuel cap. [a detail!]

* I used my seat and steering wheel heaters for the first time and it seems like once you have them, every-time you start the car they come back on. Have to every-time turn them off manually.

* The 12V outlet under the arm rest seems to be different then the one on the right below the dash which comes on and off with the car on and off. This one does not come back on, have to turn on whatever is plugged in manually.

* How strange that the driver seat are power adjust but the passenger seat only adjusts manually.

[2019 Scat Pack / Shaker Package / 6 spd Manual]

Some strange "things" like that!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ever try accessing the rear seat from the driver's side of a 2010 srt? ????
From a 2019 R/T Scat Pack ~ Shaker package

It is going for the first oil change tomorrow [1000 miles], they will figure it out!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,550 Posts
* I used my seat and steering wheel heaters for the first time and it seems like once you have them, every-time you start the car they come back on. Have to every-time turn them off manually.

* The 12V outlet under the arm rest seems to be different then the one on the right below the dash which comes on and off with the car on and off. This one does not come back on, have to turn on whatever is plugged in manually.
The seat and steering wheel heaters. There are a few things that would cause them to be on when you start the car.

Remote Start Comfort Systems — If Equipped
When remote start is activated, the heated steering wheel and driver heated seat features will automatically turn on in cold weather. In warm weather, the driver vented seat feature will automatically turn on when the remote start is activated. These features will stay on through the duration of remote start or until the ignition switch is cycled to the ON/RUN position.

-----------------
Vehicles Equipped With Remote Start
On models that are equipped with remote start, the heated steering wheel can be programmed to come on during a remote start through the Uconnect system. Refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia” for further information.

-----------------

-----------------
The 12V outlets

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow! I sure appreciate the time you have taken for this amazing reply. I would have never figured it out... Technology! And yet, I sure enjoyed the heated steering and seat this morning!!!

The plugs, yes! I would not want my fridge/freezer to drain the car when not running!

Thank You again....

·
Registered
104 Posts
My pet peeves are minor as no car is absolutely perfect. I wish they would have had a locking fuel cap that could be ordered, understanding that the flip lid cannot be easily locked and opened with a switch. My 69 Charger with the flip lid was ordered with the extra locking fuel cap. Also, there isn't any illumination for the overhead sunroof switch. I rarely use the sunroof or even open the shade but one warm evening last summer I opened the sunroof and when I wanted to close it while driving, I couldn't quickly see the switch without having to take my eyes off the road for too long a period of time.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts