Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching on the forum. Didn't find anything conclusive, has any one replaced the conductor plate on the valve body of the nag1 trans. I'm getting this code to pop up by acceleration believe from 2nd ro 3rd. I'm able to reset the code. I checked my fluids it was fine using the temp / stick method. Or any suggestion on what to do first. I was going to pull the valve body out. Also found conductor plate kit for like 130.00.the doing a fluid change while I'm in there.

Thx

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,726 Posts
Did some searching on the forum. Didn't find anything conclusive, has any one replaced the conductor plate on the valve body of the nag1 trans. I'm getting this code to pop up by acceleration believe from 2nd ro 3rd. I'm able to reset the code. I checked my fluids it was fine using the temp / stick method. Or any suggestion on what to do first. I was going to pull the valve body out. Also found conductor plate kit for like 130.00.the doing a fluid change while I'm in there.

Thx
I have not done that particular service on any of the NAG1's I have owned, but I know what you're referring to, and I do not believe it is anymore complicated than your average automatic transmission gut surgery. Meaning, if you're comfortable getting elbow deep into an automatic transmission, replacing that part should not be a problem for you.

Try this first:
Do a search in the DIY sub-section using the keywords NAG1 and 700.6. You should get a hit on a thread with a title something like "Checking the fluid level on a NAG1", and inside that thread you should see a post from another member in which there are 3 Youtube videos referenced and linked to that deal with various tasks on the Mercedes version of our NAG1 transmissions. I believe Mercedes calls it the 700.6, but whatever they call it, that is the name in the video's titles, so you wouldn't find them searching for NAG1-specific content.

Anyway, IIRC part 2 of those videos specifically goes into detail on replacing that conductor plate, so that one would be of some use if you plan on going through with it on your transmission.

Let me know if you cannot find the thread in question, and I will search through my post history to get a Linkback link for you (I would go find it for you now but I'm in the middle of a meeting at work and feel like I should probably pay more attention to what they are talking about right now :| )

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thx
I have not done that particular service on any of the NAG1's I have owned, but I know what you're referring to, and I do not believe it is anymore complicated than your average automatic transmission gut surgery. Meaning, if you're comfortable getting elbow deep into an automatic transmission, replacing that part should not be a problem for you.

Try this first:
Do a search in the DIY sub-section using the keywords NAG1 and 700.6. You should get a hit on a thread with a title something like "Checking the fluid level on a NAG1", and inside that thread you should see a post from another member in which there are 3 Youtube videos referenced and linked to that deal with various tasks on the Mercedes version of our NAG1 transmissions. I believe Mercedes calls it the 700.6, but whatever they call it, that is the name in the video's titles, so you wouldn't find them searching for NAG1-specific content.

Anyway, IIRC part 2 of those videos specifically goes into detail on replacing that conductor plate, so that one would be of some use if you plan on going through with it on your transmission.

Let me know if you cannot find the thread in question, and I will search through my post history to get a Linkback link for you (I would go find it for you now but I'm in the middle of a meeting at work and feel like I should probably pay more attention to what they are talking about right now /forums/images/ChallengerTalk_2014/smilies/tango_face_plain.png )
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,044 Posts
Is it under warranty? I had this happen twice. Second time they replaced the entire A8 Trans system: trans, hoses, cooler up front. They found the fluid was burnt, like the trans had been slipping, so instead of fixing it, Dodge agreed to replace it. Took 17 DAYS, but not because of a parts shortage, but a trans tech shortage. They only have one guy qualified to work on it, and there was 6 cars ahead of me, so I had to wait. Actual repair took one full day.
Man, that trans must've been slipping, because she REALLY jams now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it under warranty? I had this happen twice. Second time they replaced the entire A8 Trans system: trans, hoses, cooler up front. They found the fluid was burnt, like the trans had been slipping, so instead of fixing it, Dodge agreed to replace it. Took 17 DAYS, but not because of a parts shortage, but a trans tech shortage. They only have one guy qualified to work on it, and there was 6 cars ahead of me, so I had to wait. Actual repair took one full day.
Man, that trans must've been slipping, because she REALLY jams now.
I got a 2009 and it's been modified, I have a paramount transmission. Based on research I've done I'm thinking I'm going to replace the conductor plate it's a cheap part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts